Monday, December 22, 2008

the olsen's official christmas update of 2008.


(this picture of me & my grandma has absolutely nothing to do with the below post.
but, i love my grandma & i love this picture of us together)

G & I had a really great weekend & we finally feel like this home remodeling project will soon be coming to a close. We have been working on remodeling the Avenues house since October, so we are both excited for normal life to return (especially G). We now realize how nice it was to both be done with work at 5 and have the rest of the evening to do whatever we wanted together. The fact that it hasn't been that way for the past several months has made both of us appreciate that time together so much more. I can really say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I love my husband & I love being with him.

On Saturday night, we went Christmas shopping & we had so much fun together. Normally, both of us hate the mall, because of all the crowds, so we were a little worried that we might not survive the mall during Christmas time, but surprisingly, we made it out alive & without any serious injuries! The lines weren't even that bad. It was amazing.

After shopping, we returned home to wrap all of the presents & watch The Grinch. I don't know why I am so in love with this movie, I think it might have something to do with Holley's influence? Anyways, I am totally in the Christmas mood now (finally)!

Yesterday, we got to make our 2nd gingerbread house of the season with G's family and I have to say that it is our best one yet! I am very proud of the little sucker. Anyways, I realize this is a boring post with no pictures, but I wanted to document our happy little weekend. I am so thankful for my husband, who is truly the hardest worker I know. He has slaved away at his job & at the new house and I am so impressed by his dedication. With that said, I hope he will slack off much more in 2009!

2008 has been an incredible year for our little family. We have changed jobs, moved out of our first home, had challenging church callings, grown up a lot, celebrated our 2nd anniversary, taken some amazing vacations (Hawaii, San Francisco, Newport, Lake Powell), welcomed a new niece into the world, said goodbye to my sweet grandpa, and enjoyed many unforgettable moments together. It's been a great year.
With that said, I can't wait for Christmas!

(Our family on Christmas Eve last year)

Gregory John Olsen, Jessica no-middle-name-how-sad-is-that Olsen, Toby Magoo Olsen (2) and Jack Bauer Olsen (2).

(PS. Obviously, I am in better spirits today than I was on Friday. For the record, that grumpy post was written after I got the news that my sweet Mom had slipped and fallen on the ice & was in the hospital with a dislocated shoulder. At that moment, it felt like anything that could go wrong this month, would. And yes, between car wrecks, injuries, death, work stresses and moving stresses, it has been a rough month, which is why I am going to leave my negative post up. It will make me even more grateful for the great months!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your spirits are up, no one likes a grumpy gus!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!