Sunday, January 18, 2009

dear summer.

i really really miss you.

i know i always say that autumn is my favorite season. and i'm sure it hurts your feelings to hear that (i apologize), but right now you are my favorite season. and i want you back.

remember our hot, sunny, football games?
they were so lovely.
thank you for always burning my face.


i miss our midnight shake runs with gjo.
(why is it that midnight shake runs only happen in the summer?)

i miss days on the beach with you.

and i miss the way you leave my face tan
or burned
either way is cool with me.

i miss my braid (which permanently died when i cut "the bangs")
and is more of a summer time look anyways.
(this is the kill-me-now face. not sure why i wanted to die)

i miss your berries and cream....

our roses from the backyard (rip beautiful rose garden)

and i miss wearing flip flops. so very very much.

please forgive me for the few times that i complained about your limited clothing options (post-temple marriage, of course) and pleaded with you to morph into fall. i don't know what i was thinking.

come back soon, summer.
you are dearly missed.

9 comments:

  1. I agree - I miss you too, summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss summer too! I don't know how much longer I can wear coats boots and gloves and still be freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess I could not agree more. You know I am always saying how much I LOVE summer and just being able to wear flip flops! I have been miserable this winter and am hating it. I hope summer comes back fast!!!

    ps. I am very excited about Friday. I will CALL you on thurs to set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard back yet? I am so SO ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer will be so much fun this year! I'm already counting down the days until New Port!It will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say bring on spring!! I know you love summer, and even though I am not such a fan I agree that I miss all the fun things that happen in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more! Where did you guys move by the way? Oh and also TOTALLY agree with you on the Bachelor. Some of the girls are getting prettier as you get to know them and see them in casual clothes but most of them were surprisingly hideous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm right there with you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jess. i feel your pain.
    i want summer so so soooo bad!

    but i think you should take a shake run tomorrow; just for the heck of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!