Monday, January 12, 2009

we're in! we're in!

Can you believe it?

I unpacked the last box on Saturday night & G and I settled into our new home this weekend. It's even almost completely decorated & I am head over heels in love with our new home.

There are still a few things to finish up, but for the most part, it's back to our normal lives. I can't wait to cook dinner, relax in the evenings, take the dogs for walks again, see my friends again, sleep in on the weekends and hang out on Saturday like we used to. Ahhhhh, life is sweet.

I have to give a huge thank you to both of our families for all the help & support they gave us. Thank you Geir & Margaret (who did everything & made this whole thing possible), Ty & Jennie (who helped us move, came up many nights to work & offered a ton of support), Erik & Heidi (who did the same & even moved us TWICE), my Mom & Dad (who let us stay with them for almost 3 months, when we promised 2 weeks tops & helped pack and move all our stuff), Ry & Christy (for helping us move), and Andy, Jon & Scott (who helped us move & let us stay with them-we had so much fun!)

We are so lucky to have such supportive families, we wouldn't be anywhere without them.

Now, come visit us, all of you!
and stay tuned for the before & after pictures....

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that we haven't been able to help out (darn kids/work/callings) - but luckily you have no shortage of people willing, so sounds like you're good to go!
    Friday was fun, but I DEFINITELY missed you guys - do you have anything going this Friday? We have something Saturday, so let us know - maybe I can help you hang a picture or maybe dust something :)
    Oh, and we got Mya's ear's pierced about 6 weeks ago - I think it's just one of those things you don't notice right off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! I love that you just threw out that stuff everyone has and shuffles around & despises. Why do we even have that stuff? Good call. I want to see pictures!! And I'm going to have to say that I might have you beat on the impatience part so...chop, chop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know when we can come and see it! We would love to see the finish work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is the most stresfull thing! It is the best feeling when you get things all organized. Especially for clean freaks like me :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Congrats! I bet it feels awesome to finally be settled in. You'll have to get some pictures on fast. I'm excited to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh i am so happy for you!! i can't wait to see the place!! Im comin right on over

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you and I can sense your relief! Enjoy the calmness and view! You deserve it! And, BTW.. I will always be there to help you guys move! Greg has graciously helped me move a hundred and one times! Hopefully, neither of us will be moving in a LONG, LONG time!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!