Monday, February 2, 2009

february is for lovers.

In the past, I have never been very excited to give G his Valentine's day presents, because I have never thought of anything great to give him. He is a notoriously hard person to shop for (those Olsen men...have everything, want nothing) which makes birthday's & holiday's tough.

But this year, I found the perfect present & I can't wait to give it to him. It arrived in the mail today & is even better in person than I thought it would be. Obviously, I can't tell you what it is on the off chance that my husband might decide to read my blog (not likely) but just in case, I am keeping it under wraps.

So, with the arrival of his present (which came wrapped with pink ribbon & a lace heart), I am officially in the Valentine's mood! Here's to February, one of my favorite months, and to celebrating the love in our lives. I am so glad G asked me out on our first date on Valentines Day all those years ago. I'll never forget him taking me to Market Street Grill, (where we discovered that the wait was an hour long) and climbing the stairs to the top of the restaurant to kill time. I'll never forget what he wore, what music we listened to in the car, what we ordered....and, I'll never forget when he kissed me at the top of that winding staircase, either.

Happy February.

5 comments:

  1. Dark brown?????? I must see this crazy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwww. seriously romantic. i suck at gifts for ryan too. what is it with these men? i used to be such a good gift giver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I'm dying to know what it is- I'm still trying to think of a surprise for Wyatt. Email me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the edge of my seat with suspense! I hope your going to share what it is later!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!