Monday, March 30, 2009

i forgot i was supposed to feed him.

i've fallen off the wagon a bit when it comes to cooking. i don't know what happened, but somewhere in between gmat prep courses at night & our little break from reality, i stopped cooking anything besides spaghetti & grilled ham & cheese sandwiches.

my husband tries not to complain too much, but our friends invited us to a delicious lunch on saturday and i could almost see the tears of joy in g's eyes. before we left, he thanked mckenzie again & claimed that he "would have starved if it hadn't been for her."
unfortunately, it might have been true.

if the way to a man's heart is through his belly, then i am in deep trouble. this week, i will be attempting to weasel my way back in. so, in case you care, here's what i'm attempting. i've either made or tasted everything & it's all delicious. let's just hope i can remember how to turn on my oven.

monday: seasoned salmon, roasted asparagus, wild rice
tuesday: pasta primavera (this is maybe my favorite recipe ever) crusty bread, fruit
wednesday: spinach quiche (i'm hoping this one solidifies my spot back in g's heart. he loves this) fruit, orange rolls
thursday: leftovers (we wont be home)
friday: who are we kidding. i do not cook on fridays.
saturday: mckenzie's amazing tomato-basil soup, crusty bread, fruit

wish me luck.
picture via the pioneer woman. and that is her pasta primavera. it is so amazing.

8 comments:

  1. I need to take some inspiration from you - I have totally fallen off the cooking wagon, as well. It is very sad, but when you have a schedule like mine, culinary masterpieces aren't a priority. Anyway, good luck, and I will probably be asking you for some recipes!!
    And ps, who cooks on Fridays/Saturdays....seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds DELICIOUS!! You're hired. Feel free to come over tonight. Yes, I will pay you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you cook at all when you work full time. That's so hard. You deserve a free pass whenever you want! :) But, I'm glad you have aspirations because I'm totally going to add that pasta primavera recipe to my list of "to try"s. Sounds delicious. And, I'll email you that recipe I was talking about.

    p.s. the quiche sounds divine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...looks like you need to start a recipe blog because I would love your pasta primavera recipe as well as the spinach quiche please? One thing I struggle with is new meals. I feel like our only options are chicken, spaghetti, chicken, salmon, or chicken. No, really- I probably know 15 differen't chicken recipes but it'd be nice to know som pasta ones too! Can I have some?

    p.s. you really are amazing I hardley ever cooked when I worked full time. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally going to try that Pasta Primavera...it looks delicious. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm...i'm going to have to try a few of those. ryan likes quiche. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds yummy. I need to make more interesting things - I'm a super boring cook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! I'm so glad you like pioneer woman cooking too! She is amazing right?! ps. i am available any night...just in case you want me to try the food before you give it to your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!