Monday, April 6, 2009

conference weekend.

spinach quiche bubbling in the oven. snow drizzling slowly down. a pup on each lap, socks on my feet. pajamas all day & we don't care.

time with the family. time to relax. time to bake and i'm reminded, i love it.

words pour down & lift me up. i want to be better, know more, compare less.
i want to be grateful.
i want to to be kind.
i want to not get so irritated with that person at work who smacks her gum all day long and asks me how to double click.

i should just show her, with a smile & not grumble about it.
click, click
it's not so hard

i want to be a better version of myself.
i'm going to try to be.
and that, folks, is why i love my church.

4 comments:

  1. And that, my friend, is why I love you!
    Mmm, I love quiche! My bro made some on Sunday from a recipe that he learned while in France - to die for!
    And PS - who doesn't know how to double click? Really!!!!
    I heart Conference weekend - enjoy the peacefullness of yours while it lasts. B & I were reminiscing yesterday "remember when we had to set our alarms to make sure we woke up before Conference started?" Yeah, not so much anymore. Kids......

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!