Tuesday, April 28, 2009

hello.

I love blogging. I really, really do. But, I seriously don't have time for it these days. It used to be that I would blog after I got home from work. After all, it was usually already dark outside & sometimes it was snowing and there was no need to do anything besides watch TV, veg out & blog.

But now.

Now I get home and it's beautiful outside. And I want to go for a walk, or to the park, or to a café and eat dinner on the patio. At the very least, I want to sit on the grass or on my porch and watch the sun set and smell the blossoms.

So, I apologize for the lack of posts & the boring nature of my blog. And I understand if you don't stop by anymore. But hey, while I've got you here..how about a funny story?

The other night, G & I attended family dinner at my parents house. My sweet Grandma, Pansey Valaine, was there, too. Oh, how I love my cute little Grandma. Anyways, G & I had been teasing each other all night about who was stronger (we tend to do this...compete like siblings). We couldn't agree on who would win in a smack-down, so after dinner, we cleared out the living room & decided to settle the dispute once and for all. It was a good fight, but unfortunately for me, G was the unanimous winner.

After we were done fighting/wrestling my Grandma chimed in with this gem of a comment, "If Jess & Greg had been fighting like that at home, it would have led to heavy sex."

Ummmm. Yah.

I don't know what to type. I didn't know what to say, either. My favorite part was that she included the word, "heavy"...not just REGULAR sex, but heavy sex. She's a firecracker, that one and I love that I can always count on her to say something completely random and slightly embarrassing. She went on to say other things, too. Things that I will not type here on the blog because they make me blush.

Anyways, besides fielding sex comments from my Grandma, here's a little list of what we've been up to lately.

1. G is working on his admissions essays for his Business School applications and he hates it. He would like everyone to know that writing is his "least favorite thing to do in the WORLD!!!" Now do you believe me that I married my polar opposite?

2. We went shooting on Saturday. G was in Heaven. I was slightly terrified and REALLY uncomfortable. Luckily, we both came out alive (I am dead serious) and although my ears rang for 2 days afterwords, I would MAYBE do it again.

3. G is applying for a new job at Goldman. Which could mean happy changes for our little family if he gets it. We'll see.

4. I start school again this summer, which means we will both be students again come Fall. Unfortunately this means more nights away from each other, rather than LIVING THE DREAM. I'm not looking forward to any of it.

5. Our pups are still alive. And sometimes, I even love them. Sometimes. (jk)

Besides that, it's been more of the same. Hopefully I'll think of something semi interesting to blog about in the near future.

Until then, Stay classy, bloggers....
And thanks for stopping by.
But mostly, stay classy.

13 comments:

  1. Jess I found your blog from Christy's! So awkward with your grandma... and yay for Anchorman!! I love your blog by the way.

    Jen Mangum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you go shooting (and take from someone living with a gun lover there will be a next time) use ear plugs! They have those great ones you can put on over your head, like the "headphones" our parents had (LOL!) or you can buy the disposables that just tuck right in your ears and they actually work quite well! Let us know next time you go, I love shooting balloons and clay pigeons, we'd love to go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lots of changes are going to be happening soon. I am impressed that you went shooting. I went once in college and I kinda like it actually. see you sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shara, we totally had ear plugs, but it was still deafening!

    i think i would like shooting outside WAY more than the gun range. being in a small space with strangers carrying loaded weapons just makes me a teeny tiny bit NERVOUS.

    imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Anchorman!! Only the best movie possibly made! Love ya Jmo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thanks, you're a peach. And I'll relay that message on to the blog hater!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anchorman, duh.
    Anyway, I officially L-O-V-E your grandma - that's the funniest thing I've heard in forever! And I'm jealous that you went shooting - we haven't been in forever, and I love it! Except for when bullets ricochet off things and land 5 feet in front of you......but I digress.
    Miss you, love you, love your g-ma, and hope to see you this weekend (I'm planning on it, yo)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I can be your BFF now- "Stay Classy San Diego" is from one of my favorite movies- Anchorman! woo-whoo!

    Oh, so I got my new bra at Nordstrom. In the past (like 4 years ago) I got my bra's a VS, but now I think they're gross and cheap! NOrdi's has a great selection, and they are really nice bras. A little pricey- mine was $80, but well worth it I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ANCHORMAN!!! "Stay classy San Diego" my FAVORITE movie of all time! And Jon told me about that funny comment she said! I wish I was there. Love you!! double date ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That comment from your grandma made me laugh so hard.. A well needed break from work! Thanks Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we went shooting once...i couldn't hardly use my wrist after it all. not my favorite activity, although i did like the rifle, much lighter and easier to aim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well everyone else already shouted it out but I love Anchorman as well, who doesn't need a good laugh and a funny/dumb/awesome movie all the time.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!