Monday, June 22, 2009

dad.

I wanted to scan a favorite picture of me and my Dad for Father's Day, but I couldn't get our scanner to work.

If I could have scanned the photo, you would have seen a picture of a tiny girl and a big man completely enamored with each other. We were hiking up a mountain on a perfect, sunny day. I was small-maybe 1 1/2 years old and he was smiling-all 6 feet 6 inches of him. I was strapped to the baby carrier and riding on his back as we climbed that mountain higher and higher. Someone asked us to look at the camera, so I rested my blonde head on his back and we smiled wide with the trees and the sunshine beaming behind us. Our smiles look the same-both shiny and genuine and that's how I know he gave me my smile.

I love you, Dad. Thank you for carrying me up the mountain when I was too small to walk up it myself. Thank you for continuing to carry me when I need you to. I am so lucky you are mine.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you write, Jess. I love reading you blog. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a very sweet post. dads are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peanut, What a sweet reminder of how lucky I am that I have you and my dear Mark. I see so many great similarities between you and your dad. He is such a great man. Love you the most! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe happy father's day to mark! He's a good dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a picture is worth a thousand words... is that the saying?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!