Friday, September 11, 2009

little changes this week. big changes next week.

These past few weeks, I have been amazed at how much better my days are when I make time for the important things. You know, the really important things like scriptures + prayer + temple visits. I've been going to the temple weekly with my little brother since he got his mission call, and it has changed everything. Sure, I visited the temple before, but never this often & I can just feel the change it has made in me already. I love it.

Speaking of that little brother, his farewell is this Sunday. And I still don't think I can talk about it. Last night, Scotty, Jon & Meg all came over for a little Glee viewing party. They kept me company while G was in class & we laughed our heads off in my living room (seriously, are you watching?) Not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to have brothers that are also best friends.

This weekend will be spent doing lots of baking for K's farewell (I think I might be in the kitchen literally all day tomorrow). I plan to wear one of my Mom's beautiful aprons and listen to the new Ingrid album as I go. Happy Friday

Pictures taken with my phone (obviously) as Meg & I drove around yesterday listening to said album and trying to mimic that first picture of Mr. J Bub. Yes, we are very silly.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post! I envy you for having brothers. I had 7 sisters growing up! The best of luck to your brother!

    That's great about the temple. I'm sad to say that I was inactive for a long time and I had never been to the temple (besides just on the grounds) until just last month :) The first time in my whole life that I had received a recommend. It was amazing & I'm excited for the day I can do more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Meg. And isnt Glee the best?! I was laughing my head off alone on my couch watching it on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, how great are you for going to the temple every week?! Secondly, I forgot and only caught the last 10 mins of Glee this week. I'm dying for next week. Third - best of luck with the bummer farewell. :( Last, of course you love the Ingrid album too. I always knew we were musical soul mates. Love her.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess! I apparently need to watch glee. . .
    I love the carmelitas. Thank you so so much for the recipe. We should hang out. Have your people call my people, let's do lunch.
    We still need to do your pup's head shots. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly are a dork of the truest kind. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok really if you have a Glee party this week please call. I need people to watch it with. And please, we may have only met once in person but I feel like I see you everyday thanks to blogging! Let me know about Glee.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!