Thursday, October 8, 2009

grateful.

after the piling on of several stresses (including one professor claiming to have never received a paper i wrote and another misplacing an entire project) last night i found myself in the midst of a little meltdown. eventually, i went to bed feeling very sorry for myself and woke up with puffy eyes, a bad migraine and an even worse attitude. tonight, however, i am going to bed with a grateful heart.

thank you to several of my friends & family members who managed to somehow just know that i needed a phone call, text or card. not to mention the new fall arrangement adorning my dining room table. today, i have been truly amazed by these random acts of kindness and can only hope to be that kind of friend in return. you may not have known why i needed it, but you can't know how much it meant to me. so thank you, ladies (you know who you are).

now, i'm off to the land of lovers...see you soon!
*and yes, the bad news came after i wrote my previous "life is good" post. figures.

3 comments:

  1. That stinks, I hope you are able to get things worked out with your professors. Have fun in DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your face! Its always touching when we are reminded. Call me if you need anything and what about LUNCH! Yummy : )

    p.s.That Fall arrangement is beautiful, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I wasn't one of those ladies. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip & are able to leave all of that crazy mess behind you. The arrangement might be missing when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!