Friday, October 23, 2009

intercourse.



after gettysburg, we drove to intercourse, pennsylvania to find the amish! this is by far the least photographed stop of our trip, mostly because the sun was setting quickly as we arrived and almost all of the pictures had to be taken from the window of our car. we got lost on the way and drove all around york which we would definitely give 2 big thumbs down if asked to rate. don't bother.

intercourse didn't disappoint, however as it was full of corn fields, wide open spaces and charming farms. not to mention the horse & buggies! we stopped and bought some fresh bread from a little group of amish girls on our journey & decided they were the nicest people we'd ever met. later, we ate dinner at an amish restaurant, where they stuffed our faces with meatloaf, mashed potatoes and rolls. they were such nice people. they even encouraged us to pray before our meal...we felt a little too awkward to do so, but still thought it was a lovely idea. we give intercourse 2 big thumbs up. all in all, a pretty perfect day.

ps. how much do you love the name of their city? yes, me too.

7 comments:

  1. haha, i was a bit nervous to scroll down the post, given the title. i just thought "wow, jess is really letting everything out with this one":) i also give intercourse 2 thumbs up! (sorry, i just had to say that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- the picture of you two in the cornfield is so sweet and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha chels! i couldn't resist! i knew the title would cause shock & awe and it was just too tempting. also, congratulations on catching my joke at the end! that's why i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I love the picture of you and G, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm basically a child. As soon as I saw the title of your post....I giggled. And I still am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post (as with most of your posts) It was great! I also wondered about the title and as I scrolled down I remembered you mentioned intercourse, pa previously but I did worry for a sec... I'm now dying to vacation east!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jess these pictures ar so amazing and your hair is so long -- im jealous!!! i haven't seen you in ages. i think its high time for a clan reunion, whaddo you say?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!