Monday, November 30, 2009

the best days of my life.



i planned to spend thanksgiving eve watching g study and maybe doing some studying of my own, but for whatever reason, he came home from work wanting to play instead. on a whim, i decided we would have our own little pre-thanksgiving dinner (minus the great food) with just the two of us. i pulled out the candles and we ate dinner by candlelight & talked about what we were grateful for. even though it was cheesy and we laughed through the entire thing, eating dinner in the dim light of our regular old dining room still felt special.

later, we headed down to the gateway to catch a movie and check out some of the downtown christmas lights. as we drove home that night, i couldn't help but think to myself that even though both of us are looking forward to a bigger family some day, i know i will look back on these last 3 years and think about how much fun we had and how in love we were. i have made some of the best memories of my life on random nights like these with my husband and i am lucky to have had him all to myself for a while.

5 comments:

  1. I'm on the same page as you... It's great to have this time without kids (as much as we want them)... nothing can compare to the bond you make with eachother. (I'd advise people to wait before having kids now...the past 5 years have been terrific!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, PLEASE cherish this time in your lives! Kids are fabulous, and they have made my life complete, but there's nothing like the first few years together as a couple, building a great foundation for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. Enjoy your candlelight dinners enough for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say things so well. You make me very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, I seriously love you and your husband. You make it look so....I don't even know the word? I'm scared to get married but you just make it look like it's ok and that things work out. I love reading your blog and things like this. Makes me believe in love. I know, i'm weird.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!