Tuesday, December 22, 2009

baby, it's {muggy &} cold outside.

this morning, i couldn't see the city through my bedroom windows.
a thick layer off fog crowded the air and hid the sights i usually admire.

i ventured into the living room and found a boy asleep on my couch
he was my brother & he was fully clothed with a puffy coat still zipped to his chin.

i made him eggs and packed him a lunch
and after he left, i met his better half at the mall.

i played santa and bought myself a few things
because i've been extra nice this year, and patient, too.

finally, i drove through the snow to my cozy home
and worked on a few christmas surprises with a pup on my lap.

later, g came home and made me spaghetti with italian sausage
as i danced around the kitchen and sang christmas songs.

it was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Best sister ever to get up and make breakfast & lunch for your brother :)

    Sounds like an great day!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!