Thursday, December 10, 2009

where have i been?

well friends, 2009 has been the hardest year of my life. don't get me wrong here, i am not complaining about it or asking for your sympathy or even saying that it is a bad thing, it's simply a fact.

2009. hardest year of my life.

this year started out with the sadness of losing my sweet grandpa and it is ending with the harsh realities of losing my job. i can't say i didn't see it coming, though, because i did. and in fact, i even told my husband that i was pretty sure i would be laid off by the end of the year the day before it actually happened. for this internal warning and gut feeling, i can only be grateful, because it reminds me that everything happens for a reason.

i have lost a lot in 2009. there have been set-backs, hardships, sad days and sleepless nights and yet, i have gained. i recognize my blessings so much more now, i feel more appreciative of all the goodness in my life, i feel more connected to my Savior and mostly, i feel more capable of facing my trials head on and coming out on top. i feel like i have grown so much.

i am thankful for this hard year and for the lessons i have learned. i am grateful for opposition in all things. i am grateful that everything happens for a reason and i am grateful to know that regardless of what trials come my way, i am never alone. i know that everything happens for a reason and i truly believe that sometimes we just need to be reminded to let go of the wheel in order to end up where we belong.

7 comments:

  1. ...thanks for reminding me of how my outlook on things needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful person. Trials are hard. Just remember that you'll never get one that you can't get through. Your absolutely right, everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see why right now. Love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet girl. I'm so sorry. What a nice "Merry Christmas" present for you. Boo. Sounds trite to say, but I'm sure something better will come your way and, like you say, you'll see the reason behind this and all trials. Your post was beautiful as always. Hang in there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, thanks for your post, i'm right there with you, its been a tough year. So sorry about your job, I definitely know how that goes(i was laid off in March). I think you are amazing though and love your positive outlook, something I have totally lacked. With that kind of outlook nothing will get in your way and your trial will soon be your success! Thanks for being an amazing example though, isn't what we learn from these things what is important? I hope so cause I'm still figuring it out! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll come through in the end... you're in my thoughts. It will work out, absolutely.

    You're so amazingly positive, half the battle is won!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot. So sorry to hear your news. Good luck figuring out your next move, and have fun enjoying some r&r.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess- I couldn't agree more! As you probably heard I also was laid off in September, but am so grateful for the change! This has been a challenging year for many, but we have also learned a ton! Good luck to you! Way to stay positive

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!