Monday, January 4, 2010

goodbye 2009.

goodbye to the hardest year thus far. i can't lie, i'm not sad to see you go. you've been rough on me & given me more sleepless nights and tears than ever before. at times, i couldn't understand why the bad news had to keep piling, but now, i can see why the trials were necessary for me. 2009 brought hardships and uncertainty, but it also made me a stronger, better, more faithful version of myself and for that, i will always be grateful. although you were hard, i can't forget that you were good to me too.

in 2009 we:
said goodbye to my sweet jackson w.
moved into our new avenues digs (and fell head over heels in love with her)
welcomed a new niece into the world (and fell head over heels in love with her, too)
began the search for the perfect olsen family cabin
i turned 22 and we took a staycation in our favorite city
explored the aves with lots of walks and lazy nights at the park
pretended to be cowboys
learned an important lesson

learned how to kill a bee
found out that my best friend was having a baby and cried.
i ate my first big mac and didn't cry.
re-did the backyard
had our fare share of perfect days
took a weekend getaway to vegas & didn't win any money
watched fireworks from our rooftop
wake boarded & cliff jumped side-by side in lake powell
killed 2 fish

4 comments:

  1. You are going to dominate 2010. I just know it.
    And that pic of the boys all geared up is kind of creeping me out. Sort of looks like something from a horror movie.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that post - my what a year 2009 was for you. Here's to 2010 being lots more fun and eventful (in a good way)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Looking back at what a year you've had, and you're so much stronger for it! Here's to 2010 being better then ever for you and G!

    And btw, for the briefests of moments I was yet again thrown by the kissed and got lost in intercourse comment! My mind lives in the gutter...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!