Thursday, February 18, 2010

30 day wardrobe challenge.



g often complains that i buy new clothes and never wear them. he always thinks i need to clean out my closet & never thinks i need anything new. so when this skirt arrived in the mail for me today (on sale from $37 to $12..boo yah!), it sparked a little debate between the two of us as to what percentage of the clothing in my closet i actually wear.

i'll admit to having favorite pieces..we all know i'm partial to wearing my favorite jeans and boots (every single day), but i definitely think i wear my clothes often enough to warrant buying new ones every now & then!?

so in honor of this debate, i have decided to do a 30 day wardrobe challenge, in which i will try and fail miserably to wear a new outfit every single day. keeping in mind that i will definitely have to recycle jeans, shoes & other items, but i will try to switch them up somehow.

and please don't worry, i am in no way, shape or form trying to turn this into a fashion blog (if you're looking for a fashion blog, please refer to my cute friend, meg). it's simply a 30 day challenge to prove to my husband & myself that i DO in fact WEAR my clothes!

i'll try to post the results here, just to prove that i'm actually following through, but i have no idea who will take my picture, so i can't promise anything. who knows how far i'll make it. my creativity when it comes to my wardrobe can be a bit pathetic...i like what i like & i wear what i like again & again & again (i already have no confidence in myself, can you tell?).

i'll start the 30 days tomorrow, with no promise of good pictures, but i'll do my best. anyone want to join me?! i'm slightly terrified already.

ps. this is not a "hair & face" challenge, so i reserve the right to cut my hair & face out of every single picture. thank you very much.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, and cannot wait to see ALL your pictures (hint hint:) I so wish I had all my clothes here so I could participate, as I think I hear this complaint from Wyatt on a weekly basis. Sheesh men, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for CERTAIN that I don't wear everything in my closet and Dan and I have had this debate more than once because I, too, love to buy new things. Men. So, maybe I will try this with you. Starting tomorrow cause I am wearing my favorite sweater and boots today. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the SAME debate. I should SO do this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would accept your challenge, but I don't have nearly enough in my closet to even do 15 days with a new outfit! You can soooo do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cracks me up. I would fail miserably but I just might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take your pic every day. I'm here. :) I love it. I just don't think I could do it. I should try, bit I just cleaned out my closet. if you feel like sending any my way let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to join your challenge, but I'm not quite sure I could make it to 30 days - maybe 10... 12 would be a stretch! :) Good luck & I can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come over and I'll talk your picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!