Tuesday, March 2, 2010

because i like this keyboard.

this is my 450th post! how in the world i have found that much blogging inspiration from this little life i lead is a complete mystery to me.

i'm currently sitting in the library killing time until my next class starts. i live approximately 3 minutes from the university and could easily drive home and kill the hour on my couch, instead, but i am far too lazy to walk all the way across campus to my car, drive home, and come back in 55 minutes (yes, i leave my house for class 5 minutes before class starts...suckas!) just to park all the way across campus and walk back. seriously. too. much. effort.

last night, i was mean to my sweet husband & have spent the entire day feeling bad about it. do you ever hate being a girl? if it wasn't for me, greg & i would never fight. and i mean, never. that man has no complaints in the world and never, ever gets mad. especially not at me. he lets 99.9% of the stupid things i do and say slide off his back and the 1% that he actually cares about is only the result of me doing something remarkably horrible and pathetic (like dropping the lid to our calphalon skillet-husband was mad). i don't know if it's just my personality or if this is universal to all girls, but i feel like i start all of our fights. and then, when it's over, all i can think about is what an idiot i am and what a saint he is for putting up with me (and even responding to and validating my crazy feelings! saint).

anyways, this makes it seem like we fight all the time. we don't. but, tonight i owe that man a huge "blah blah blah...i'm an idiot, but i love you. blah blah, i agree, girls are crazy" and i'm not really looking forward to it.

in other news, i am currently typing on a mac, which is perhaps why i am rambling on about nothing even though i can't think of a single worthwhile thing to say. i love the way these mac keyboards barely make a sound when you type on them. magical! since, g ran over my ipod with his car 2 years ago and i don't own a phone that can access the internet (i'm so deprived!) do you think i could ask for a mac for my birthday?

on another completely un-related note, recently, i've re-discovered spider solitaire (spider solitaire used to be a big deal in my life) and have managed to waste 80% of all homework time addicted to the game. i live to see those fireworks explode! i've easily mastered level medium, but am struggling like mad through level hard. has anyone out there ever won on level hard? because i don't think it's possible? four suits, people!? four!

dear g, i'm sorry i'm such a girl. i love you more than i love the exploding fireworks after winning a game of spider solitaire.

the end.

ps. it was so hard to come up for a title to this post! other ideas included: "i'm lame", "dear g, i'm lame" and "even lamer than spider solitaire". brilliant, no?

5 comments:

  1. I envy your accomplished list - you are wonder woman!!!
    And, yes, I am also a girl who is the cause of probably 99.9999999% of all our fights. Our boys are so alike. They are entirely too laid back to care about the little piddly things that irritate us to no end. Sigh. I had to give the "I'm sorry I'm such a raunch" phone call just yesterday because I couldn't find the stupid window scraper on the truck. And of course it is his fault. I will only admit to you that I found it under the seat of the truck, where I SWORE it wasn't when I called him.
    We are lucky :)
    But they are lucky, too, because we are awesome. Period.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, reading this made me smile more than once. There have been many MANY posts of yours where I think G may be Ryan's long lost tiwn. They are SO alike! You said it perfectly! If it weren't for me, we would never EVER fight! Why do we think we have to start fights for no reason, I guess 'cause we are girls. Then to try and get Ryan to actually fight back is near impossible. If I'm ever mad at him he spends the majority of that time trying to get me to laugh or smile and it usually works. Then I loved your paragraph about Spider Solitaire. I honestly thought I was the greatest person alive the first time I won on level medium and once I mastered it, thought I'd give hard a try and I promise I don't think it's possible. You are too funny Jess and I just wanted to let you know that reading your posts do make me smile :)

    P.S. I just told my husband the other day that all of your adorable outfits are inspiring me to try and dress cuter. Although I can only realistically wear about half my wardrobe while I'm nursing. So annoying! But so far I've loved every outfit and want to dress just like you! Yeah, I'm pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel you woman! As we have discussed before... i am the only reason luke and i have a fight.. its always me... poor lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I feel the exact same way after I explode and Dan patiently waits until it passes.
    And as for Spider Solitare, love that game. I have wasted many hours on my computer pretending to do my homework because of that game. Lame. I have conquered and succeded beating the game a few many times...but that is because I became obsessed until it was accomplished. I don't know if that is a good thing.
    Thanks for blogging. I know, I'm weird, but I check yours everyday, just to see if you wrote anything new. I'm always excited when you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these classic Jess posts. They make me smile. Love your honesty, wit and just you.

    BK and I are exactly the same way. We really would never ever fight if it weren't for me. Hate that about myself and am just glad I'm not the only one with a fantastic husband that finds reasons to be mad at him.

    I'm sure I'll be doing the "I'm sorry, blah, blah, blah, I love you, blah, blah, blah" thing tonight too.

    xoxo

    p.s. I'm anxious to see your next outfit.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!