Wednesday, June 2, 2010

cheer up, charlie.


g had a bad day today. when he walked in the door an hour later than he usually does, it was clear that he was completely exhausted. he held me longer than usual in a hug & i could tell that the long hours, hard work and all the stress, stress, stress is finally catching up with him.

i felt bad. so, in an effort to cheer him up, i put him in the car and drove to the brand new red mango that just opened up near sugarhouse park! i put my arm around him in line and then, as we ate, he asked me to tell him everything about my day, because he didn't want to talk about his. i told him stories about yoga and about our crazy dogs chasing cars and tried really hard to make him laugh. and then i kissed him and told him that everything will work out just fine. because it will.

2 comments:

  1. poor G :( i hope things get better at his work. Good job cheering him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fabulous sister-in-law (Kiersti, maybe you've met...) loves this place too! I guess I'm going to HAVE to try it, sounds and looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!