Thursday, July 8, 2010

today i...

moved one of my plants from my kitchen to my dresser in hopes that this would force me to open the blinds in my bedroom each morning after i wake up

this way, my beloved 2 yr old plant will get her sunlight
and in turn, i will be discouraged from taking a nap every single afternoon after classes are over (i mean, who can sleep with the blinds open in a sunny, hot bedroom?)

because every afternoon at about this time, by body starts chanting "nap, nap, nap, nap"
and i look into my dark bedroom with the blinds closed and it is really tempting to oblige (i know, my life is really hard).

hopefully this trick and my love & devotion for my plant will keep me from napping.
so far it isn't working.

5 comments:

  1. Not to discourage you... But I kinda did the same thing the other day. I turned the fan off in our room during the day so that it would be too hot in there to take a nap at 3 when I get home from work. And guess what happened? I nap on the couch now...
    fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny 'cause I totally know where you are coming from!! On the days I woke up and didn't make or open my blinds it was like my bedroom was calling my name-- "Tori... I've got a nice dark room here for you with a bed already turned down... Come take a nice nap!" So, I started waking up, opening the blinds and making my bed so I wouldn't be tempted. Then... I started doing exactly what Lisa said- sleeping on the couch. LoL How sick am I?

    P.S. Since my computer has been broken I haven't been able to leave comments on blogs. But I really wanted to comment on how much I LOVE your dark hair! Don't know if it's still dark or not, but you look really very pretty with dark hair. So tempting for me to go dark but I just can't seem to pull it off like some people do..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say nap! I love a good solid 20-30 minute one, and let your plant live some other cozy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should probably just nap.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!