Tuesday, November 23, 2010

thankful for today.

today i am thankful for the blizzard on it's way. i know, people, i am crazy. but i like snow and i like severe weather warnings and i really like being snowed in.

today i am thankful for a warm home full of good food, happy pups, plenty of movies and a pile of soft blankets.

today i am thankful for thoughtful friends who make us laugh, entertain us, support us, love us and even feed us on occasion.

today i am thankful for family and for time to spend with both of ours this week. i am thankful for the people who really know us and love us just the same.

today i am so thankful there is a baby in my tummy.

today i am thankful she woke me up at 4:30am last night with her crazy hiccups that were literally shaking my tummy and her never-ending kicks that almost made me nauseous.

but more than anything, today i am thankful for the guy who was sleeping soundly next to me while all of this went down. i am thankful that when i woke him up after almost 30 minutes of a non-stop party in my stomach that was blowing my mind, he simply rolled over and put his hand on my tummy and then laughed and marveled with me at the mini-earthquake of movement i was feeling. i am thankful he wasn't annoyed that i woke him up and that he was just as entertained by the insane amount of movement as i was.

today i am thankful that he enjoyed it with me while it lasted and then simply said thank you and fell right back asleep, leaving me with another memory that means so much to me.

today i am so thankful for that.

3 comments:

  1. You make me so excited to feel the kicking!! It bothers some women, but it is my absolute most very favorite part of pregnancy. I miss it for months after I give birth. But then I have a new baby to smell all day long, so it more than makes up for the absence in my tummy :)
    And the picture of the cabin makes me want to invite outselves up again a couple times this winter, and so sad that ours in unusable :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said "ouTselves". I meant ourselves. Sometimes spelling is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that picture of the cabin. I'm thankful for you!!! and p.s. I seriously can't wait for your little lady to be born.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!