Friday, December 3, 2010

our little love.

unfortunately, in the past few weeks we've had a little complication arise in my pregnancy. it isn't anything too alarming as of now, but it needs to be monitored closely until our baby girl arrives. it has been a roller-coaster of emotions for me over the past few weeks as i've been trying to deal with this new aspect of my pregnancy that i never expected. i obviously wish there was absolutely nothing to worry about, but at the same time i am grateful that our baby is healthy and i know things could be much much worse.

 anyways, now that i am reaching the end of the pregnancy it means that i am being monitored very closely with non-stress tests and ultrasounds twice a week. so far, little lady passes her non-stress tests with flying colors and always makes the nurses smile and laugh when she gets the hiccups while hooked up to the fetal heart monitor and we all get to hear them. it also means i get to see her and check on her all the time. i feel like i already know her so well. i know that her tiny hands will always be covering her face when it comes time for an ultrasound and that she puts on the best show if i sneak a cookie for her right before. it also means that my fridge looks like this:

 and that isn't even all of the pictures we have of her. there are more in our bedroom and even more in our office. she continues to grow and change every week and we continue to look forward to her safe arrival (hopefully not too soon!)

so far, she is doing just fine and my issue (low amniotic fluid) doesn't seem to be bothering her, but if you would like to include her in your prayers, i certainly won't stop you. ;)

8 comments:

  1. we will be thinking about you.
    nothing is worse than problems with pregnancy. it just leaves you worrying, worrying and worrying!! i'm so sorry. keep us all posted on how things are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry you're going through all this stress. On the up side, your little girl will have more photos of her before she's born than a super model. :) I'll be praying for you both and I hope the problem resolves itself or at least stays manageable long enough for your sweetheart to arrive.

    I am so excited to see you and for our baby shower! I'll be thinking of you often and hoping everything is going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so stressful. We'll keep you and lover girl in our prayers. I love your fridge decked in her pictures. Lucky lucky little girl. Hope everything continues going well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, it all sounds and looks so familiar. I'm glad she's doing well. I'll be thinking about you and praying for her. and you. I know it isn't easy to lay down twice a week every week and hope that today isn't the day they tell you something's wrong. Not too much longer. Hang in there love!

    Look at your cute little doggie standing guard. Sweetness!

    YAY for the car seat and stroller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea - you will definitely be in our prayers. Thank goodness for modern medicine, right?
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well. I know she'll come out the strongest, healthiest baby! You have been, and will continue to be in our prayers until her safe arrival, and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with everything. im sorry to hear you are going thru a little rough patch. dont worry- (i had somewhat a similar thing happen) everything will be fine- you will have a beautiful happy girl who will make your heart just smile. you will be in my prayers :) cant wait to see pics of the little lady outside the belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about you 3 the other day wondering how your ultrasound went -and I am sad to find out that that amniotic fluid wasn't back up!!!! Im so sorry. I am glad she is doing well, but Im sorry you have to be worried about anything. I think she will just keep being her happy hiccupping self and not have any problems. But jeez... twice a week!! that'll keep you busy. Please please please please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you! seriously. even if its to just come chill with you... I'd like that. I like you. She has been in our prayers for a while and she (and you and gregerson) will continue to be there! love you.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!