Thursday, February 24, 2011

first walk.

 i've been cleared for exercise again, so yesterday miss evie and i took our first neighborhood walk to celebrate. it was 40 degrees outside (not -10) but evie chose to bundle like this regardless. i'm pretty sure she was sweating, but i am a paranoid first time mother and i own that title proudly. it was the shortest walk of my life, but i am still recovering from a c-section and evie is still recovering from being born (and life in general), so we were pretty pleased with our effort.
also, the avenues is probably not the best place to live if you would like to feel good about your fitness/exercise regimen. especially if you live on my street, where you can watch thousands of dedicated athletes run, sprint, bike, and ski (yes) in front of your house all day long from the comfort of your couch.

not that i would know anything about that.

6 comments:

  1. What's the new blog title going to be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Is there a baby in there? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say go with the vicarious exercising method in this case. You can watch all those crazy people and their sprinting and biking and pretends it's you. That's probably what I would do, let's be honest.

    She is so adorable. I love that full body jacket thing. She's like a tiny bear. So cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how snuggly evie looks in that picture, she's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had a c-section girly! I love your little updates : ) Bundle that baby up! I'm the same way. xooxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!