Wednesday, March 16, 2011

too good not to share.

while browsing ikea the other weekend i came across this plastic case meant to be used for organization in the kitchen, but i thought it might be perfect for makeup instead. most of my makeup is bare minerals and although i l love it, i don't love the way it leaks powder all over everything when tossed in a makeup bag. i've been searching for a way to store it all upright for a while now and this is the perfect solution. the case is slim, it fits perfectly in my bathroom drawer and it keeps everything from spilling. best of all, it cost next to nothing.

mom, this post is mostly for you. brilliant, right?



 
ps. i still store my brushes upright in glass cup like i always have, but a few of them would easily fit in the case as well.

6 comments:

  1. Lianne needs to see this. You and her have the same make up and by the looks of it, the same amount. I'll let her know. Derek will be eternally grateful to have all the powder spills done away with. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is brilliant and will do my best to remember to put it on the get list next time we go. Thanks so much for sharing your find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! I use bare minerals too and may just need to go down to ikea and get me one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Ikea and might just make the trek for this! What a great idea and it looks like it has a great fitting lid for when you have to pack it in the bottom of a suitcase! Great find! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niiiiiiiiice!!! Dang it! I was just at IKEA and found my own new little thing to love. But this is pretty fabulous too! I just might have to head back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mine Jess. Now I can think of all kinds of things I want to use them for. I wish that I had bought a few more! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!