Thursday, April 7, 2011

photo flop.

Besides the pictures Linds took for us, me & Evs don't have any photos together. Partly because I am the picture-taker in the family (G and Evie have 10 million) and partly because G has a really amazing talent of taking the ugliest pictures of me possible. Anytime I ask him to take a picture of us he refuses to get up to do so, so we end up with a picture of mine and Evie's double chins. Pretty great.

Yesterday, I tried to remedy this problem. I'd showered that day and my baby was happy, so a photo shoot was had. Let me tell you, getting a picture of you & your baby is not easy. We had maybe one semi-acceptable photo of the bunch when I finally just gave up and took pictures of her instead. After all, she's never taken a bad photo in her life!


Here is the pretty girl all by herself. She is my favorite thing ever right now. I've decided I need to clone her so I have two copies. Real Evie can go on and grow up, but cloned Evie will be shrunken down to polly-pocket size and not be allowed to grow any further. And then I will carry mini Evie around in my pocket for the rest of my life as a tiny baby.
Think about it. It could work. 

10 comments:

  1. Jess! Evie is sooo adorable. I swear she has a new outfit on in every picture. haha You look so cute in those pictures. I love how long your hair is. I swear I've been trying to grow my hair out for years and it still manages to stay the same length. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is changing so much! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yes. I will order a polly pocket Brayden too. Where do I sign?

    This whole post makes me giggle because I feel all of it. I want pictures of me with my baby. If I hand the camera to Clay he takes 5,000 without stopping usually while I'm talking and setting up and it never REALLY works out. Boo. I am going to immediately post some pics of the Bug & I that I took today...(wait for it)...with my TOE!! Dead. Serious. But it worked! Haha! Check my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh cutest pics!! I especially love the second to last one. soo pretty. you also look beautiful- i love that long dark hair! if you figure out that whole cloning thing... let me know. Im in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL is this a normal husband thing? Cuz then I truly know I'm not alone!! I have one decent picture of me and my son but I am washed out by the sun. Sigh.
    You both look so pretty and she already knows how to work the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, her cheeks are irresistable!! And yes, I think I have about 3 pictures of me & Lauren as a baby, taken by Bryan. They. Are. Hideous. They are all from right when we got home from the hospital and I was still super swollen and puffy. Hair was greasy root to tip, and I was asleep with her on the couch - even better, head was all bent over so it was more like a triple chin. Bryan just thought it was such a precious moment he needed to capture it......it should've just stayed in his memory.
    Anyway, I think you did a pretty great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try using the timer on your camera.. if it weren't for that thing I wouldn't have any pictures of me and my kids 'cause Ryan is the same way! When I ask him to take a pic he'll just snap one from wherever he is hardly even look at it, then turn the camera off so I can't look at it to approve. So annoying. If there are any of me and my kids it's because I set up the timer to take them. Love that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these!! You both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is adorable!! I love these pictures..you my dear one cute momma. Hope things are going well

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!