Tuesday, May 17, 2011

oh, mr. sun.

This past weekend, the sun decided to come out and say hello. And suddenly, all the world was pleasant again and I was super stoked about the possibility of summer (do you really think it will come? No, really...do you?!?!).

Suddenly I had the greatest ideas like, "Hey Ev, let's put on our swimming suits!" and "Let's picnic at the park!" and "Who wants to lay outside in the sunshine for 2 hours?" (I do!). And we made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries! I bought Creamies! Ev wore sunscreen! Hell, we went to the ZOO!

Do you know what happened today, friends? Do you know what happened after that weekend of glorious sunshine? Do you know what happened after I finally got some color on my skin and introduced Ev to the season that will inevitably be her life-long favorite (after all, girls who look that good in bathing suits love summer).

After all that, It snowed.

That's right.
Snow.

And now, we're not quite sure what to do with ourselves. I mean, we were sort of getting used to the idea of being summer babies and now this?! In our boredom, we've made cookies and homemade pizza (homemade dough, even!). I've watched too much television (Oprah is leaving and I'm not handling it well). Ev has taken a few too many naps. We've snuggled in bed & become well-acquainted with Baby Einstein. We've taken baths. We've practiced rolling over. We've gazed longingly out the window at our awaiting stroller.

And we've had photo shoots.


You guys, we're bored.

4 comments:

  1. adorable! Love the suit. Where did you get an infant hat that fits? Henry's was too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bored, but freakin' adorable! I'm pretty sure she was born for sunshine. Haha-the sunglasses! She's so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little swimsuit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! cutest swim suit and glasses ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!