Thursday, August 4, 2011

letters to shanghai.



i know i am dramatic (i know this!) but i am going to miss my husband. we've never spent more than a few days apart. he smells nice. he can always make evie laugh (even mid-cry, he can make that baby laugh). he unloads the dishwasher and kisses me goodbye in the morning. his scruff is just the right amount of prickly. i will miss him.

he will be gone for far too long and he has requested we update the blog with all of our adventures while he is away. well g, so far, i've scooped the poop in the backyard, emptied all the trashcans, jammed out to justin bieber while scrubbing the house, read my book while evie napped, written you 3 emails at times when i would have called you instead and listened to the rain poor down on this rooftop.

it's a nice quiet afternoon and i am glad i have someone to miss.

5 comments:

  1. sad to have g gone, i hate when al is out of town. good luck! and yes, come swim whenever! except i can rarely go thanks to lame work! we will adopt you if the moffitt's will adopt me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad he's gone. I hate it when Luke is gone for like one day. You can do it! Just look forward to your amazing trip coming up! When we get back from our trip I'll be calling u and we will do some park get togethers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, those pictures of them with the book are SO sweet! And I too love me a good prickly face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how hard was it for him not to pack Evie in his suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( this post makes me so sad for you. I've have t gone for a week lots of times, and its so hard. I can't even imagine how hard 2 1/2 weeks will be. Please let us know if there's anything you need.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!