Thursday, October 6, 2011

all things orange.

at this point, i'm sort of a connoisseur of pumpkin desserts (oh yes i am!).

i am obsessed with them, and have devoted a great portion of my life to baking treats that involve canned pumpkin. this morning i woke up feeling generous (my hair has formed perfect beach waves magically overnight?!) so without further adieu, i give you, my favorite pumpkin recipes of all time (that i sometimes like to pretend are secret recipes, but whatever).

the best ever pumpkin cheesecake that i make every year for halloween & thanksgiving.
listen you need to make your own cream cheese/whip cream topping for this one, okay? it's not hard. there isn't a recipe, but basically all you need to do is combine some whip cream (yes, you can use cool whip, why not?!) and some softened cream cheese plus some vanilla to taste. you can do it! just taste, taste, taste, stop when it's good.

the best ever pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
this is my mother's favorite thing i have ever baked for her in her lifetime. in her lifetime, people! have at it!

and my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
this isn't the easiest recipe, so if you want something less time consuming, i also love to use the one that just combines spice cake + chocolate chips + pumpkin. easy peasy.

it's supposed to rain all day long, so let's turn on some tunes, light a candle and get to baking! if you have any other favorite pumpkin recipes will you leave them in the comment box, so i can immediately bake them?

ps. i used to have a picture of the cheesecake (with a chocolate spider web on top) on my blog a few years ago and went to find it for you, but it was erased in the great blog disaster debacle of last month. womp womp womp.

pps. is it just me, or is it SNOWING?!?!

and you guys, thanks for the caffeine encouragement. i think we can all agree "if it makes you happy!! it can't be that baaadddddd!!!!" right?

3 comments:

  1. Mouth is watering now! Can I please come visit, conveniently when whatever you are baking makes its way out of the oven? I bet your house smells amazing right now.....mine does, only because of the Scentsy that's warming up. And that's not edible. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am making those pumpkin bars tonight! My favorite I started making this year are Pumpkin Muffins w/ cream cheese filling.( http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/10/pumpkin-cream-cheese-muffins.html ) I made a few little changes that made the world of difference though. I did half apple sauce, half oil. Dark brown sugar instead of regular. I also added a little ground ginger, and some all spice. So good! Let me know what you think if you make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess! Oh my gosh, your cheesecake is to die for! I can't wait to try the other recipes too.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!