Wednesday, October 5, 2011

caffeine tastes good.


earlier today, after evie and i had visited the target (where dreams come true!) and were driving home through the rain, i thought to myself, "it is time for a diet coke".

usually, i feel this way every day around 4pm. i need a diet coke. i need the fizz and the pop and lets just be honest, i need the caffeine!

i called my husband to commiserate. "evie and i are on our way home from target and the security guard at the door thought i was trying to steal a gallon of milk (?!?!) and i bought evie a halloween bag and IT IS TIME FOR A DIET COKE!!"

"it is time for a diet coke" he agreed.
and then the thought came to me "are we addicted?!"

i mean, if the mere thought of 4:00 in the afternoon without a diet coke sends terror to my soul, do i need rehab?! can i join a support group?!

(these are not rhetorical questions. please and thank you.)

i didn't get the diet coke, just so you know.

ps. it should also be mentioned that i went off the caffeine during pregnancy and survived without it just fine, so there's that.

7 comments:

  1. your blog is looking so clean and good! but that's not the reason i'm commenting. i'm commenting because - what! how are we twins? this week i said to tanner - no more soda. (i know you never said that) but it's because i had the saaame feeling of "oh, i need to have a diet coke" and i was feeling mad so my decision was to stop it all together. we'll find out if it was a bad idea later. so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DC! If you're able to wait until 4:00, that's great! I have a can on my way to work, a DC with lunch, and typically a can or two at night! Yikes....I really may have a problem. Oh well, it keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does.....tast. so. good. The first step is recognizing you have a problem. Which I have, and decided that I'm completely OK with. So just be OK with it, because DC is oh so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One a day doesn't make you an addict. I'm the same way with Diet Dr. Pepper and I don't even have one every day. I just love the taste and the fiz. And sometimes I crave it. Bad. I just love everything about a nice, cold, diet soda. Yum. So, I wouldn't give yourself too much of a hard time. Seems pretty normal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy it! I drink at least 2-3 a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could hit a Caffine Free version of your favorite DC... Just sayin' (I wouldn't if it were me, but I'm ok with my slight addiction). Another thought... Chapstick is to G what Diet Coke is to J? Maybe... HAHAHAHA! Did he beat his chapstick addiction? If so I'm sure you can beat your Diet Coke one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Did you ever see the Bubble in my EYE pics? It popped a couple days ago, hopefully it won't make another appearance! Glad to see you've gotten rid of your stye!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!