Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the meal of love.


g had a pretty rad birthday, in case you were wondering. he had to work late, so we stayed home that evening and i cooked him the meal of his desires, including meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes and dessert (which deserves it's own paragraph!). i proved my love by making him meatloaf, which i have despised my entire life (meat! in a loaf! no thank you!). but thanks to my friend, i scored a brand-new meatloaf recipe that was heavenly and i enjoyed the meal of love just as much as the birthday boy, can you even believe it?

let's talk about the dessert for a minute, can we? listen, i know that picture up there does not look appetizing in the slightest, but holy mother, dessert was good. i wanted to give him everything he has ever wanted in one dessert, so i knew it had to include chocolate, hot fudge, caramel and salt and DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID, PEOPLE!!

i made him a mini molten chocolate cake, which is basically a tiny chocolate cake filled with hot, delicious fudge that oozes out when you eat it and then i served the whole thing with salted caramel ice cream. OH YES I DID!

i'm pretty sure i'm his favorite sister-wife, but don't tell the others.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I'm salivating for real life. You are the best wife ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also despised meatloaf my ENTIRE life, but just recently I ran into a wonderful recipe in the Pioneer Woman cookbook (I have yet to make a recipe from this cookbook that wasn't just FANTASTIC! In fact they have some mashed potatoes in this cookbook that Shawna claims taste as if they've fallen off Jesus' table and landed in our kitchen! I highly recommend this cookbook!) I wonder if our recipes for meatloaf are similar... I've also made those little molten cakes and I have to agree, they are TO DIE FOR! YUMMMMM!! Now after reading your post I must find something delish to eat... I'm out, Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me hungry. I would love your meatloaf recipe.... Also, Madee has the same outfit Evie is wearing. They should be friends, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Greg!!! I came to visit your blog shortly after the internet decided to become a presence in my life again. And to be honest, last night while we were out & about I thought f the picture of your delicious salad here and wished I could have it right at that instant. It all looks so fantastic! I bet the cake/ice cream was incredible. You are the cutest little wife, I swear!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!