Tuesday, January 3, 2012

dear brown leather boots.


the time has come. i've been in denial for months, but it seems i can avoid it no longer. when i pulled you out of the closet the other day and saw your sole split from your body, leaving a gaping hole, i knew it was time to let you go.

i want to thank you for all the beautiful memories we've shared. we've been to california, washington dc, maryland, virginia, nevada and england together, to name just a few places. do you remember all those trips when people would tell me to pack "comfortable sneakers" (??!!) and i would nod and smile and go home and pack only you, my most comfortable and trusted little soul sisters.


i'm sorry you have to die. i'm sorry i wore you longer than i should have. i'm sorry for all the times i stepped in toby's poops out the front door, that must have been awful for you. i love you, you sexy little friends.

jess

ps. your replacements are more expensive than you were and they also aren't as comfortable, so there.


*pardon my worst typos ever in this post. Mom brain. Swear.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, Tyler virGINA. That's it. I can't blog anymore. Too many typos. I swear I used to be smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. How many times are you going to post that comment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I apologize for my husband's anal nature when it comes to typos/spelling. It's something I have been made fun of many times!! He's a punk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. say it ain't so. my brown boots are dying and i'm trying to pretend like it's not happening! but this has inspired me to get them fixed before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad! I haDDDD the sister black pair to those exact boots. I emphasize the D in HAD because I accidentally took the right one and dropped it off at the DI with a bunch of unwanted shoes. That boot was very wanted. I still have the left one in hopes that I am wrong and it will turn up somewhere random in my house because you CANNOT BUY THEM ANYMORE!!! I'm glad yours lived a long, full life and had many adventures :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!