Tuesday, January 10, 2012

i would blog more often but my computer makes me want to rip my eyeballs out.


How do you like that title, friends! That title is true. The word over here at the Olsen household is that we have used up 99.9999999% of our computer's storage (gigs, ram? brain power?) which causes it to run slower than your wheelchaired grandma and makes me swear and cry and threaten to throw it out the window the moment I sit down to use it because I don't have any patience left in my body.

So I'm typing this on the iPad. Which isn't as easy as it sounds. (but if I had tried to type that last paragraph on my computer I would have typed the entire thing and then stared at an empty screen for 10 minutes before the actual words appeared. FUN!)

So I apologize for the boring nature of my blog, but I am without my blogging utensils. (this is the part where some generous soul offers to buy me an iMac and I accept! I ACCEPT, YOU GENEROUS SOUL!)

In case you're curious, here's what I've been up to this week! (I've been up to a whole lot of nonsense...)

. Preparing g money for his upcoming trip to Dubai. Which he leaves for tomorrow. As in 24 hours from now. I am so depressed about it I've taken a vow of silence. Seriously. I cant talk about it. I have nothing to say.

. Watching all of the republican debates with my own personal political junkie and totally loving mitt. I know. I can't help it. I'm a fan.

. Turning to g during said debates and insisting "you know who would make a really good president?? Me!" to which he responded "you would make a terrible president, Jess" and WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?!

. Dealing with credit card fraud as in some loser got my credit card number and started eating out a lot in random states I've never been to. Punk.

. Thinking we lost G's credit card when he couldn't find it in his wallet. Panicking because he needs it to travel. Calling CC company in a hurry to cancel card and overnight a new one.

. FINDING G's credit card 10 seconds after hanging up the phone. In the pocket of his hoodie. So awesome.

. Shopping and returning and shopping some more. I think I have returned every Christmas gift I bought for myself at this point (with christmas money from others) and I blame my poor shopping skills entirely on the baby in my stroller, if you must know. I have no time to think or try it on or THINK and I end up just throwing crap over my arm and buying it and then I get home and it sucks. Lather, rinse, repeat...I do my best shopping ALONE it seems.

. Wishing I had a good book to read and Ryan Gosling to keep me company while G's away. I don't know, maybe you could help me with one (OR BOTH) of those wishes?

Please and thank you.

4 comments:

  1. presidential debates never cease to make me laugh and i really love to watch them. slow computers make me want to rip my eyeballs and donate my iMac to you? almost. maybe give you some of our student loan money to buy an iMac. we're totally rich. and what is with all of these trips leaving you alone? let's get on hulu and watch parks and rec together and use their interactive thing where you can say "this is my favorite part". have you seen that commercial? do you use hulu? if you haven't that makes my last 3 sentences totally lame. in other words, wish we lived close to keep each other company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubai? Is that India? Sorry, I'll look it up so as no to break your vow. But wow! That's all I have to say about that. Well, no, there's more. Whoever woke up as a kid and said, "One day I'm going to Dubai." But seriously, how cool?!

    I would love to be your generous soul. :(

    Shopping MUST be done alone. Agreed. Even if Evie is stylin' & such. Which she is.

    And...tell Greg he can officially hate me because I am that person who falls in love with a presidential candidate on Oprah, watches ZERO debates, reads nothing, & does not vote. (I'm basically a horrible person if you must know.) BUT!!! If YOU were running for President, I would vote for you, because I like you and don't understand the other mumbo-jumbo they say anyway. You should totally run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big she is. I mean, obviously she's teeny tiny, but her face and stuff looks like a little toddler more than a baby. So so cute! Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few good book recommendations....The Scent of Rain and Lightning (sounds lame, but is awesome!) Room (a little different, but good.) The Art of Racing in the Rain (If you are a dog person, you will love it! Has some bad language, but is really good.) I am just about to start Goose Girl. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!