Wednesday, January 18, 2012

young forever.

evie will be one this saturday.

even just writing that sentence makes a lump form in my throat and tears well up in my eyes. i don't know why it feels so BITTERsweet to me, but it does. this past year has been straight up magic. it's been what i have dreamed about my entire life. it's been everything i wanted and more. i wish i could do it all again. i wish i could remember every moment. i wish i could bottle it all up and keep it for a while.

when i think back about everything we've been through this past year, what i feel most of all is happy. because really, we've had the best time. there have been hard moments and sleepless nights and everything that comes along with learning to care for a baby, but most of all, there has been laughter, smiles, kisses, raspberries on the tummy, tickles on the feet and endless amounts of joy.

evie is pure sunshine and she has filled my whole world up with her light. she is such a special little soul and i am so lucky to be her mama.

i wanted to make a few videos to remember this past year and i finally got the first one done. this one is more for g & i (since the song isn't even kid appropriate...nice, jess!) because when i watch it and remember all of these moments i just smile from ear to ear.

evs, thanks for making this past year the best of my life.
here's to staying young forever (or at least for a little while).

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! Sweet evie has such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh.. I love this video! I've seen scrap books of my other nieces and nephews first year but a video is so much cooler! Evie will love seeing this when she gets older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing...brought tears to my eyes. It's such a cliche, but time flies by so fast and it makes me sad. Another silly question but how do you keep some of evies bows and hair clips in her hair? My madelyn has peach fuzz hair and can only wear headbands.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!