Tuesday, March 6, 2012

yesterday afternoon.

yesterday afternoon, when i opened my kitchen door to go put a load of laundry in (our laundry room is downstairs) i was greeted with the most glorious and unexpected burst of warm spring sunshine. it had arrived completely out of nowhere, and it warmed my soul from the inside out, that sunshine did.

after the clothes were spinning and the chores were finished evie and i decided to spend the rest of the afternoon outside. we harnessed the dogs and threw on some jackets and headed off for some adventure. i decided to snap some pictures along the way, because i love where we live & i know we won't live here forever.


last week, my friend lindsay and i were talking about how much she is loving the neighborhood she just moved to with her family and she told me she loves going for walks now without running into huge cracks in the sidewalk (her neighborhood is new). so linds, i took all these pictures for you! i mean, i really wouldn't know what that's like!
 this house. spooky. riiiggght??
 we made a pit-stop at the neighborhood library. can you see the pups through the window?
on our way home mr. toby decided he'd had enough. he planted his little paws and sat his little bum down and refused to budge. we'd tackled many blocks and a few hills, and yes, okay, my calves were hurting too, but c'mon toby! what a wuss.
  he spent the rest of the walk in the stroller. it wasn't a proud moment for him.
this house. i love.

when we finally made it home, we collapsed on the lawn and shared a bowl of berries on a blanket with our friends until it was time start dinner.

it was a great afternoon. i hope my old pal, mr. sun, decides to come again soon!

3 comments:

  1. A. You called me "Linds" and I am so happy! :)

    B. You weren't kidding about your sidewalks! Geeeeez!!

    C. Your wuss pup is hilarious.

    D. I love the house you love. L-O-V-E.

    E. Yeah, there's an "E." And because I'm a nerd I will use it for Evie. Evie, I love your hat. And I want to see that picture of my little Brayden snuggling up to the future love of his life if I may? Yes, please.

    F. Please move here by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a lovely little walk. It was such a nice day yesterday, we enjoyed a little time outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If its warm enough here today, maybe we will take a hint from you and go on a walk. Exercise! The pup in the stroller basket made me laugh out loud. Lol

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!