Thursday, August 16, 2012

newport 2012.



Newport Beach! What can I say? We LOVE this place. I've written about this trip in the past here, here, and here and much of the commentary could be exactly the same because we do the same things, eat at the same places and go to the same beaches every time. And that's part of the fun of it, right? I was so excited to take my own little girl this time around and watch her experience everything I love (the ocean! sandcastles! bikes and corn dogs!) and luckily she was a huge fan. Despite the fact that I am hugely pregnant and still had to carry her everywhere, I couldn't have asked for her to be any more delightful or pleasant. She was such a good girl the whole week and happily spent hours and hours playing with shovels and buckets, covering herself with sand like a sugar donut and soaking up the last of summer. She has quite the little tan line to prove it!

the beach.

Yep, she ate a lot of sand. My husband would have DIED. The way I see it, you have 2 choices: spend the entire day saying "no!" and trying to get them not to eat the sand (impossible) or sit back, chill-out and let them have fun. A little (or a lot) of sand never hurt anyone and the sand-filled diapers aren't that bad, right you guys?!



 disneyland.

(okay, here is where i fail as a mother, because my pictures from disneyland SUCK. it was so hot this day and i was just focused on keeping evie hydrated and happy and not going into pre-term labor myself. the last thing on my mind was my camera. i took one picture all day with my cell and like 20 nonsense ones with my camera of random shiz that no one cares about. i pretty much don't even have proof that she was there. sorry, evs. just know that we went, we had so much fun, you LOVED it and i was too busy to document any of it.)
 

at the mickey mouse clubhouse live show. considering evie is mickey's number one fan, her mind was pretty blown.


 last day at the beach.

i love my boyfriend!
poor banana broke her arm a few weeks prior and couldn't get her cast wet.
 and here comes a reel of my favorite pictures ever...

 they didn't even like the ocean, is basically what i'm saying.



We also took a lot of bike rides, ate at all our favorite places, shopped at Fashion Island, took the harbor cruise, went deep-sea fishing (the guys), got ice cream at Jane's, etc, etc, but this is where the pictures end. The only thing that could have made the trip better would have been Greg. The poor guy could barely stand to hear that we were eating breakfast at Mutts or going fishing (not me, of course) or that we spent the day boogie boarding at the beach. We missed him and I came home with the sorest back imaginable without him there to do everything for me like he usually does. Just kidding. We love you, G!

The next time we go on this trip (if our lives don't end come fall, that is) I will have have a 3 1/2 year old and 18 month old twins. GAME OVER.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It looks like you had so much fun! One day I hope I can go there ... I love that your family goes every year! All of these pictures of Evie are adorable..she is the most happy, precious cutie pie! I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast! And that Evie. Oh that Evie is so cute. Too cute. And Jess, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad CA treated you well while you were heeere! newport really is a dream. sorry greg couldn't join you. i'm going to make an adjustment to your last sentence, next time you come on this trip you're going to let brynne and tanner help with the babies and it will be 4 on 3! winwinwin.

    and the twins are coming this fall?! whaaat! where have i BEEN.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!