Friday, September 21, 2012

hey jess, you're showing.

That's my favorite thing people say these days.  

Wow, you're popping out now! or Jess, you're starting to look pregnant. Of course they are teasing me because I am huuuuuge these days and even bigger than I was when I gave birth to Evie less than 2 years ago. Which is kind of scary considering I still have about 8 weeks to go.

Carrying twins has been an adventure, both good and bad. I am so grateful that they are doing well so far (knock on wood) and I haven't been put on bed-rest or sent to the hospital or been given any reason to worry about them yet. In that aspect, it's been a better pregnancy than my first and I know I am so lucky to experience it, but it is also exhausting.

Carrying around this enormous belly while simultaneously carrying around my not-yet-walking Evie Jane has been brutal at times. I have back pain like I didn't know was possible and by the end of the day my entire body just throbs from the weight of the 3 of them. Thanks to the stresses of remodeling, and the fact that my sweet husband is gone every day, all day, as well, it's also been a much more emotional pregnancy for me. I get scared when I think about adding TWO MORE babies to the mix and I wonder if I can really do it, a thought that has brought me to tears many times. (It should also be noted that the thought of two more sweet blonde babies to love and hold also brings me to tears, so it's not all nervousness).

Luckily, we are almost done with our kitchen remodel and will definitely be settled and moved before the babies come, which is a huge relief. I used to think that having a husband who was a grad student on top of work was difficult, but now I can't wait for the days when school, work and babies is all we have to worry about. Funny how life brings you perspective that way.

More than anything, I am SO grateful for that hard-working husband of mine (and for both of our families who have helped so much and literally saved our lives) because our kitchen is looking amazing and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world that it's mine! Can't wait to share the before and after pictures soon.

29 weeks

PS. I asked G to snap a picture of my belly after church last week since I only have a couple of them and he LAUGHED OUT LOUD just as he took it. That's right--the sight of me standing sideways like this with my enormous belly on display made him laugh. LOW POINT.

6 comments:

  1. Cutest pregnant with twins friend ever. You are seriously so tiny everywhere else that is just looks like you put a ball up your shirt. They are going to be the best twinner babies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely amazing! You pull of being pregnant with twins wonderfully. I'm glad the pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I think I was that size with ONE!! You look awesome pregnant, Jess. STARTING to look pregnant at 29 weeks is phenomonal. Preggos everywhere die of jealousy. :) Hooray for the kitchen remodel!! I'm so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful, I can't believe there are actually 2 babies in there! Also, can't wait to meet the littles! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno, maybe its because you carry so high, but you just don't look all that big to me. I mean, obviously you are incredibly pregnant, but you still look so amazing that its hard for me to think you look huge. Ya know? Cutest pregnant lady ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno, maybe its because you carry so high, but you just don't look all that big to me. I mean, obviously you are incredibly pregnant, but you still look so amazing that its hard for me to think you look huge. Ya know? Cutest pregnant lady ever.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!