Monday, January 7, 2013

will & nora: month two.

they linked arms like this all on their own, i swear. i have a witness!


If you get annoyed with Mothers who are obsessed with their children LOOK AWAY NOW because I am the most annoying Mom you'll ever meet. When I found out I was having twins at that 20 week ultrasound the emotion that I felt the strongest was FEAR. I was scared. So, so scared. I couldn't imagine it being fun. I couldn't imagine feeling anything but stress. And those feelings were irrational and magnified by shock, but I have to say that caring for these sweet little twins of mine has been a much happier experience than I expected it to be. It has been a pleasant surprise.

Don't get me wrong here. It is HARD. Some days I am certain I won't survive another hour. Some days I want to bang my head against the wall a few hundred times. It is so hard, so stressful, very monotonous, and very exhausting, but man oh man, DO I LOVE THEM.

And that's the thing I almost wasn't expecting. Although I knew that I would love them (of course I would!), when I found out there would be two of them I worried that the stress might trump the adoration. I worried the stress would overcome me and make it hard for me to feel anything else. And I am so lucky to say that's not the case. I am so happy to say that the love trumps the stress times a million. Their needs never end, I rarely sit down, the feedings are never-ending and I am so, so tired, but I also feel so lucky. I can't believe they are mine. I can't believe how much my heart has stretched to make room for them. I can't believe how cute they are, how sweet, how soft and tiny and precious and perfect.

I don't want this time to go too quickly. Because right now they are everything to this little family and more. This time we're having--this phase of life spent doing nothing but loving them and feeding them and wiping their tiny bums--It is impossibly tiring and so insane and one of the greatest challenges I've ever known.

It is also straight up MAGIC.


2 months old.

6 comments:

  1. give me those pretty babies!!!! oh my gosh they are breaking my heart i love them so much. i'm sure you're just the most adorable momma to them ever as well. loved this post and so happy your family is all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second everything brynne said. They are beyond beautiful and angelic and so sweet. And you are an inspiring mother. Love you for that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. They're getting big! Well done, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are absolutely adorable Jess! I love that they look so different from each other. I can't wait to meet them. Hope you're doing well! You look great in all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with these pictures! They are the most precious babies ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!