Friday, May 31, 2013

north carolina.


It's no big secret that my blogging has taken a big hit since the twins were born. I'm now almost 7 months in and feeling much more in control of my life and ready to jump back on the blogging bandwagon! I've missed these stupid posts and hope I can get back into the rythym of documenting our happenings. With that said, I'm behind. I am so, so behind. There will be lots of random, back-dated, overly sappy posts popping up in your reader feed over the next few months (assuming I'm still on your reader feed? Knock knock?? Anyone? Anyone?) and I apologize in advance.

First off, North Carolina!

Greg and I had the opportunity to travel back to Durham, NC a few weeks ago for his big graduation from Duke University. It was my first time leaving Will & Nora and only my second time leaving Evie since she was born. I was a wreck the night before and honestly felt sick to my stomach that night as I tried to fall asleep. It was really hard for me to leave the babies and I missed them so so much! I missed Evie too, of course, but I felt really confident that she knew exactly where she was, who she was with (her beloved Nana) and was having a blast without me, so it wasn't as difficult as leaving my sweet tiny babies. Luckily, they both did great and it was the sweetest reunion back home on Mothers Day.

North Carolina was gorgeous. GORGEOUS. We will be moving there immediately, obviously, and I'm certain all of my friends and family members will follow accordingly. We loved the greenery everywhere and the old-town historic charm of the neighborhoods in Chapel Hill and Durham, which actually reminded me a lot of where we live in Sugarhouse (but much greener and more amazing).

Greg and I had such a wonderful few days together. I love spending time just the two of us and recconecting without the ENORMOUS stress and disctraction of our children. We had long talks on car rides, so many fun dinners out, a few adventures exploring and just so much fun together. I love that man and I loved being on his arm all weekend and cheering for him at his graduation. It doesn't get much better than Gregory J., he's the most dedicated, motivated, smart, selfless, capable, honest, wonderful man I know. I am so lucky he is mine and I loved our little trip together.

Here are some pictures from the trip!


Greg was really excited to take me for Chicken & Waffles. It was pretty much #1 on his list and was the first stop we made Friday morning with Ali & Brandon. I regret to tell you that I wasn't the biggest fan of chicken & waffles (I know, I know! I'm the worst!). The chicken was great, the waffle was great, the combo, on the other hand--not my favorite.

We toured Duke's campus and Duke Gardens after brunch. What an incredible campus! All the students at that school are so lucky to be going there, I was in love with the charm of it all and especially with those huge picnic tables (they look like boats) that rock.

The next day was graduation. I was so stoked to hear bag pipes before the students started to walk, because Greg LOVES the bagpipes. So fitting for his special day!

 Could he look more studious? I think not. Congrats Grad!
 We loved seeing our friends, Brandon & Ali, and spent lots of our free time with them. These two are the greatest and we can't wait for lots more trips and fun in the future!


happy to be back home with my darlings!

 Can't wait til next time, North Carolina!!

5 comments:

  1. For some reason your blog was showing up (to me?!) as private for a while and i was sad that i wouldn't get to see more pics and hear more stories. Really glad to see you're back!

    And congratulations to the Graduate!

    Freya (London, UK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still plan to make it private sometime in the next few months. It's just a big job too add all of the email addresses and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Feel free to leave yours and I'll include you when I do. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to both of you on such an accomplishment! I'm so happy you were able to go with G to support him.
    I can't believe how beautiful NC is! I need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging again! Im trying to get caught up too! Fun trip, you look adorbs!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!