Tuesday, April 28, 2009

geegers. geegerson. gjo. my g.

Last night, I came home feeling blah. I was overwhelmed, discouraged, tired and negative. After listening to me complain about my not-so-hard day, G cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen and loaded all the dishes while I relaxed. Watching him do these sweet things for me reminded me that I am so glad I married my polar opposite. He possesses so many of the qualities I lack. Not that I wouldn't do the same for him if he'd had a rough day, but I appreciate the fact that he never gets easily stressed & overwhelmed the way I do. He is just so solid and happy.

G, thanks for being you. Thanks for being positive, and full of hope, and quick to look on the bright side of things. Thanks for cooking me dinner when I'm tired & never complaining about your long days (longer than mine) the way I do. Thanks for seeing the little joys in our life and for reminding me to appreciate the now.

Thanks for being all the things I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your shout outs!