Monday, June 16, 2008

A peek inside...


My fridge.

I know, I know...You are all just DYING to see what's in there.

But, cute Chels tagged me & I'm definitely in. For some reason, this fridge tag totally intrigues me. I think it might be because I'm generally a very nosey person. If I could have one superpower it would definitely be to be invisible, so I could spy on all of my neighbors. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't that be the greatest?


Back to my fridge. Here it is.


A professor in my health class once taught us to keep everything you want to be eating on a regular basis on your top shelf, (or, at eye level-for me that's my top shelf) so that you see it more often and everything that you shouldn't eat as much on the bottom shelf, or even in the drawers. I have done that ever since she suggested it & it totally works for me. I keep all of my fruit washed and ready to go in a big bowl right on top, because I find that if I shove it away in a drawer, I forget it's there. And that's my healthy tip of the day! Moving right along...

So, in my fridge you will find: a bowl of oranges, pears & apricots, skim milk, chocolate soy (hey, chels, twinners!) v8 splash, grapes, yogurt & cottage cheese, strawberries, raspberries, a salad mix, veggies (cauliflower & broccoli)-This is the top shelf, you see, uber healthy. Down one step: Eggs, yogurt, bread, sugar-free pudding and string cheese. Now here's the fun part, the bottom shelf, get ready to gag. ground beef (although I seriously can't eat the stuff anymore after watching this video *warning: do not watch if you ever want to be able to eat a burger without wanting to cry & or puke again*) garlic hummus (mmmmmmmmm), mayo and homemade queso(hey, at least it's homemade! I heart queso).

In other news, guess what I did immediately after work today? Just guess.

No guesses?

Well, I'll tell you then. I dragged (literally, dragged) my cute little hubby to my Grandma's pool! We had so much fun doing flips and dunking each other, just the two of us. I figure just because we work full time, doesn't mean we have to miss out on summer! I am thinking about making this a regular thing, so if anyone ever wants to join me around 5 (when it is beautiful & perfect) please do! Her pool is kept at an amazing 80 degrees or so. Lovely.

Happy summer.

Ps...I tag anyone who wants to!

5 comments:

  1. i saw your fridge the other day when i came over and it looked totally different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day? JonaTHAN! That was LAST Monday and I hadn't been grocery shopping yet that week.

    I'm not wearing my friendship bracelet today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously . . . my fridge never looks that good. Messy and right now: empty. Loved your fresh food suggestion. I'm going to do that! Sounds like you had fun swimming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Jon your brother? Your comment is so funny! Thanks for doing the tag- your fridge is pretty. I like the idea of putting the fruit in a cute bowl- BTW, I have that same bowl! I'm going to do that and hopefully I'll be eating more fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at me. . commenting on your post.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!