I started writing this post about the 4th of July and how it was (awesome) and what we did (hung out in Midway) and unfortunately, the more I wrote, the more boring the post got.
Eventually, I found myself wanting to write less about the festivities and more about how lucky I feel to have such an awesome family to hang out with. I LOVE being with both the Olsens and the Moffitts and this weekend was no exception. Many of you know (but some of you may not have yet experienced it) that I am an extremely silly person. Sometimes, too silly, and this weekend was nothing but silliness. Our families bring out that side of me-the person who wants to giggle and play and skip down the hall, instead of walk. I always feel most alive after a good, hearty laughing session and for that reason, this weekend with the fam left me feeling refreshed.
So, I guess what I really want to say is that I am grateful.
I am grateful to have lounged by the pool with a good book and felt the sun on my face. I am grateful to have swung on the swing set in the dark air and to have to have layed in the cool grass under the exploding fireworks. I am grateful to have felt my new niece turn flips in Christy's belly and to have ridden in the back of Andy's car with the windows down and the music blaring.
But mostly, I am grateful for the people I did it all with. I am grateful for their advice and understanding. I am grateful for late night pranks & never-ending laughter. I am grateful for their friendship and shared enthusiasm for life.
I am grateful they are mine.

So cute budder!! I love your family. I want to know what is going on in that picture with everyone jumping.. you'll have to tell me about it at lunch.Call me asap so we can figure out this weekend! love you.
ReplyDeleteI love Midway and I'm glad you had a relaxing, fun, silly weekend. see ya soon.
ReplyDeleteHow blessed you are, and you said it beautifully. I am lucky to feel the same way when I am with my sisters, my stomach and cheeks hurt from laughing so hard, and we often are chastised for yelling/screaming at people from cars and acting like teenagers at midnight, in the middle of the day, and yes, most of us are in our 30's, but it's all good. Sorry my comment is practically longer than your original post.
ReplyDeleteGreg please come to our HS reunion and show off your cute wife! All the details are on the site wjhs98.myevent.com
ReplyDeleteYou guys all need to come!
(I found your blog through the grapevine. Hope you don't mind)
val sandberg bateman
You need to put the videos on, they're the best part!
ReplyDelete