Tuesday, January 22, 2008

To give them the finger? Or not to give them the finger? That is the question.

G and I went tanning tonight to get ready for our trip to Hawaii that is quickly approaching and I just thought I would share our fun little topic of discussion with my few little blogger buddies!

I worked in a tanning salon in High School (I know, I know...pretty typical) and have always loved to tan, so I was so excited because I haven't been tanning in ages. It really helps rid you of your cold weather blues to put on a bathing suit, lay in a warm bed and listen to some Kalai.

So we walk into the salon and I choose my bed and my time as G (a new costumer) signs the waiver and fills out the standard questionnaire. I called the salon a week earlier to ask about packages and they had informed me that they now require your fingerprint each time you tan to make sure that it is, in fact, you who is tanning under your account. Being a former tanning employee, I understood this due to the fact that clients sometimes give the salon their credit card number, and just ask them to charge it whenever they come in. I informed G of this and he told me I must have misunderstood and there is no way it could be true.

Well, it was true.

Taped to the wall above the shiny fingerprint pad was a letter from Management explaining that they aren't actually taking your entire fingerprint, but just using 4 different points on your index finger to match print to print. Good idea? Or tanning salon conspiracy?

My "I don't want to be on the Internet" hubby couldn't believe they actually had this policy and thought that it was a bit invasive and was unwilling to give them his finger, but that's okay...I love him anyways and I support his little clutched fist.

I, being my carefree self, had no problem with this whatsoever and willingly stuck out my finger, grabbed my lotion and enjoyed my time in "the sun."

Like I said, G thought it was ridiculous, I thought it was fine.

Maybe he needs to relax?
Maybe I need to be more cautious?

Either way, I am now happily one shade darker than I was this afternoon and one step closer to a golden brown Hawaii appropriate tan.

The question is...What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you left a message! Now we can be blogger buddies! I can see we already have a ton in common... Oiseau lip balm, lovers of tanning, and I loved Juno so much too!! It's my favorite movie I've seen all year! I'm so glad you are in the Primary so I can get to know you better- thanks for leaving a comment! I hope you don't mind me checking in on you every so often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to a tanning salon that asks for my finger print too. Ive honestly never thought twice about it, but thinking of it maybe I should. Its probably not the safest thing to do with all of the identity-theft creeps out there...but its too late for me now! Tanning is way more important (even though I havent gone once this year and I like like the albino from Princess Bride).

    PS-SO jealous your going to Hawaii

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!