Thursday, August 21, 2008

i heart bullet points.

Things that do not mix:

  • Benadryl at 10 pm & a 7:30 am meeting.
  • Michael Phelp's abs & a shirt of any kind.
  • visiting 2 newborns in 2 days & knowing you are still years away.
  • An apple & walnut tree in the backyard & a doggie door. (J bauer is bringing in 10 or more a day)

Also, I have a fish. Given to me & Mon by a sweet co-worker/friend (a cofriend, if you will). Monica named him Azul. I named him Gus. We combined efforts and came up with GrumpiGus Azul Dolsen, or Grump for short. He is a gem. He keeps me company all day at work (especially now that my partner in crime is missing in action). He lives on my desk.

I never knew that fish:

  • sleep? (even during the day?!?)
  • recognize faces (he misses you dearly, Mon)
  • have attitudes
  • go pale when they aren't feeling well. (don't worry, he needed fresh water's all)

Jon would be so proud of my efforts. He has been alive for several days.

And one last thing. I did my hair today (the full regimen): Shower, Root lifter, blow dry w/ a round brush. People are going berserk. Everyone who sees me asks if I:

  • cut my hair
  • colored my hair
  • did something different to my hair
  • showered

I am thinking this is not a good thing. Showering shouldn't cause such a commotion. Maybe I'll have to stop doing the "bangs pinned back & a messy bun" look every. Single. Day.

It's been a crazy great week. No sleep & lots of deliciously smelling newborns. I have tons of pictures from my trip to Newport (I went there, did you know)? If I can ever tear myself away from staring intently at Gus and obsessing over the newborns, I'll try to post some.

Happy almost weekend to you!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for updates from Jess. I always love every word and this post is no exception. Congrats on the new fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just get a newborn, they're all the rage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of your new fish, Nemo is a goner. I am sure you will take care of gus much better that I did with Nemo. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is nothing wrong with a messy bun. every. day. I do it... and am actually looking for a new haircut so pulling it back won't be so easy but i haven't found a new cut. (But i guess i am not trying very hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know you went to Cali... FUN- can't wait to see pics! and call me.... i still never heard from you woman. lets get together ya ya ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. What type of fish? Dont change the entire thing of water at once, change about 10% of the water each day :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!