Sometimes I feel like G doesn’t hear the things I say. Don’t get me wrong, he does as well as most husbands probably do, but sometimes I am almost positive he is just nodding his head & pumping his fist in the air at the appropriate times. And most of the time, I really don’t care. You see, I like to talk. I like to over-analyze every single thought I have. I like to vocalize every random thought I’m having, and believe me, people, my thoughts are RANDOM.
Just last night, in the middle of dinner I blurted out, “Isn’t it just the worst when people are horrible kissers?!”
Crickets.
Crickets.
He didn’t have a clue how to respond to that comment & I couldn’t figure out why in the world I had decided that was a good thought to share. “Where did that come from??” he asked (as he always does). And I had to explain how a blog had lead to website, lead to a comment, lead to a conversation, lead to another conversation in which we were discussing our worst kisses of all time & how I was still dry-heaving over mine, hours later.
Luckily, my husband knows me by now. And these completely irrelevant snippets flying in from left-field don’t seem to bother him much. So we sat at our dinner table & described our worst kisses of all time & laughed about the awkwardness of both. I can still remember mine…every excruciating detail and I can still remember the way I hoped and prayed it would end sooner rather than later.
Next, G told me about his. He tried to explain the way Ms. X moved her lips, but I wasn't getting it. G finally insisted on showing me exactly how Ms. X kissed him all those years ago. And as his bad demonstration morphed into a smooch from my husband, I was just happy to be with someone who knows exactly how I like to be kissed.
i loved this post! we all have those barftastic kisses that we wish we could delete from our memory!!
ReplyDeleteI had a guy pet my forehead once. We were not in a relationship at all. He pulled my head onto his shoulder, started petting my forehead lovingly & said, "I always wondered how this would feel.." He was talking about love & about finding his one & only soulmate. It was the MOST awkward situation of my life. Clay will pet my forehead every now & then & say the same thing & we laugh like it's the funniest thing ever. Not a kiss, but definitely awkward & horrible.
ReplyDeleteI love this totally random post because it made me think back to my worst kisser ex too... We'll discuss it some other time. All I can say is Slobbery!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if my worst ksser ex is the same as Jennie's! Probably not since I'm a little (and I stress the word LITTLE) bit older then you guys, but my worst was also slobbery! YUCK!!
ReplyDeleteOk-so I thought of my worst kiss ever. And the thought is causing my gag reflex to spasm uncontollably. I broke up with him & avoided him in a very dedicated manner shortly thereafter. Then he called me on the phone with "Unbreak My Heart" blaring in the background. I kid you not.
ReplyDelete