Friday, April 18, 2008

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

Yesterday, when I was at my Mom's house, she insisted that I read this book by Dr. Laura, and even let me borrow her copy. My Mom has listened to Dr. Laura my whole life and I have mixed feelings about her...I love saying her last name because it is a ridiculous tongue twister (seriously, try to say it 5 times fast), but I hate how mean she can be to innocent little callers who need advice.

Anyways, the first thing I asked when my Mom told me to read it was, "Can I borrow your copy of 'The Proper Care and Feeding of Wives' also?" But, I was stunned to find that that book doesn't exist. No fair.

I brought it home and showed it to G over dinner (while I fed him gourmet tuna melts) and he was, of course, thrilled to learn that I would be reading a book about how to properly feed him. Of course, he insisted that this was not because I need any help in that area, since I am already an A+ wife.

Anyways, I am going to start it today and we shall see what kind of feeding and/or caring-for Dr. Schlesh wants me to do. I have been married for a whole year and 7 months now (which pretty much makes me an expert) and if you ask me, the best way to care for your husband is to laugh at his jokes. Even when they aren't funny. Which, I totally do....See?


6 comments:

  1. Oh my heck- I am laughing out loud right now!! I also grew up listening to my Dr. Laura on the radio and I hated her! Until recently... this past year, I tune into 570 every day if I'm in the car between 1-4pm. I love hearing what she has to say. I actually love her books more though. I have read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands and it's really really good. I loved it! I want to read Proper Care of Marriages soon too. I promise you'll like it- it shocked me how much I liked it. You should do posts about the chapters and let everyone know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that picture!! I started reading The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands and never finished it. You'll need to give it a blog-review when you finish so I know if it's worth the read. Sounds like Chels is a big fan - so I should probably just read it anyway . . . I guess I should just add it to the ever-growing list!

    Loved hanging with you guys for a bit tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is the cutest picture EVER!!! :) by the way i hate my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really really good. The trick though, is that you don't *tell* him that it all came from the book when you are implementing the ideas. I need to re-read it.

    You're probably wondering, "Who the heck is she?" :) You just posted on Chelsea's contest. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!