Thursday, November 20, 2008

i just need to get this off my chest.

tonight

at midnight

i will be heading to jordan commons

with my bff

to see our beloved (or, in my case, hated) bella

fall deeply, madly in love with

that vampire who wants to suck her blood/rip her clothes off.



This is just a guess, but I kinda, sorta have a feeling I may run into 87 billion of you friends at the theater. I will be on the lookout for a male of any sorts, just because I want to prove to my husband that males will possibly see this movie, too. My mom claims she is going to take my Dad. Yah....we'll see about that.

A few confessions about me & Twilight that may possibly make you hate me:

(not even kidding, I once confessed these to a chick at a soccer game & she didn't talk to me for the rest of the game).

1. I don't like Bella.

Let me explain....

Her "oh-my-gosh-my-life-is-so-hard-and-dramatic-and-i-am-just-so-shy-and-fragile-all-the-time" personality just doesn't do it for me. I don't enjoy those types. I wish she would stop feeling sorry for herself all the time & grow a personality. I can't see why Edward likes her so much? She is so dull (to say the least), although she does have some impressive culinary skills. But then again, vampires don't eat? Whatever. All she did (and I am not exaggerating here) in the 1st & 2nd books is quiver. Or shiver. Sometimes actually shake, but she rarely did anything else. If you don't believe me, go back & re-read them. It will drive you nuts.

(Is your blood boiling, yet?)

2. I hate Bella & Edward's relationship

Simply because I don't understand what they see in each other. And i think, if you are honest with yourself, you will realize that they never do anything besides sit there & talk about how in love they are. They never play, never have fun, never laugh. Just sit there & long for each other? Is it just me, or would all that pining/longing-for really get old after a while? All that romance is just a little...much. I will admit, that at times, Edward can be quite heroic & sexy, but most of the time all the lovey dovey-ness makes me want to gag.

3. I am a huge Jacob fan

He is fun. He has a personality. He plays jokes on people. He laughs. He doesn't watch Bella sleep at night (not cute, very creepy). He & Bella did more than just long for each other

I could go on.

Do you hate me, yet? I'll stop.

Just keep in mind, all of this is coming from someone who read the first book in 24 hours, Is currently lost in the 4th, can't wait to see the movie, is giving up precious sleep to see the movie, sometimes dreams about the story & always fantasizes about jetting off to an island for weeks at a time with no thought of school, work, money or reality.

So yah, obviously I like the books. Just maybe not for the same reasons you do.

Fellow Twilight fans...I'll see you tonight.
Just please don't hurt me.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE you! I don't know how anyone couldn't with your clever takes expressed perfectly in your tell-it-like-it-is writing style. You make me laugh out loud. I love it.

    I totally agree with you about Bella. gag. Can't really weigh in on Edward vs. Jacob because I only read Twilight and not the others . . . . if anyone's to hate, it's me!! :)

    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I agree about everything you've said. I also love Jacob, not just because he has a personality and is fun but because he's WARM. How hard would it be to snuggle at night to someone who's rock hard and freezing cold? That doesn't do it for me either! And I think women tend to be strong people overall and they should show their strengths, not whine about their weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREED! Not even joking! And I HATE Bella even more b/c I HATE the girl playing her! Did you see the Today Show today?? She was such a brat...and the Edward was HIDEOUS! I dont mind Bella in the books, but I HATE the movie Bella, which makes me hate the book Bella. Also Im IN LOVE with Jacob--he's so hot, cute, sweet, warm. Oh and dont worry, I had an extra ticket to the movie tonight so Al is coming! Tell Greg that hubbies WILL be there!

    PS--loved seeing you last night, in the flesh, finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh jess... i am equally as excited to go tonight!!! it will be so fun! but guess what is so weird??? we have never had a conversation about our feelings on the twilight books before and so it is really very weird that those are my EXACT feelings. Even though luke hasn't (won't) read the books i tell him all the time about how much i hate bella and think she is stupid and how much i love Jacob. I root for him over Edward.... we are the same ... that is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey, so here are my thoughts. I love Jacob as well and let me just tell you a story. I went with my cousin and some of our friends here in Denver to a pre-showing of the movie on Tuesday. We had to wait in live forever but it was kinda fun to see the crazy people there. 1) there were WAY more boys than girls there which I thought was weird but they were all totally into it and wearing shirts/being dressed up and everything. 2) I told everyone that I didn't even like Edward especially after they chose the actor and I loved Jacob and everyone got all mad at me too. No one understands why I could still like him after the fourth book but I do. You will have to tell me how you feel about him when you finish everything.

    That is all. I hope you enjoy the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny Jess! I am one of those nerds who leaves a review about the book on barnesandnoble.com Ha ha! But seriously, if you were to read my review on the 2nd book it would pretty much read what you just said in your post. I think the author was being a LITTLE over dramatic when Bella kept curling up into a ball and rocking back and forth because of how much she missed Edward. Then, as soon as I fall in love with Jacob, look who's back, Edward, the jerk who left Bella. I was so mad at him for leaving in the first place I thought Jacob deserved Bella way more! Anyway, I'm very jealous of all the ladies who will be making the show tonight because I don't have a ticket and really want to go :( So, have fun! And let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I'm just going to ignore the majority of this entry. Just kidding, I agree with you, I did go back and read the first and second books while I was waiting for the fourth one to come out, and the longing does get oh so very old. You obviously haven't finished book 4 yet, but I hope I run into you tonight because I will sooooo be there too!!!
    Peace out, and sorry, but I'll forever be an Edward fan......even though I wish it was someone different playing him in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your thoughts, thought I would be okay if Edward bit me.

    I am waiting until Monday to see it. I hope it is worth all the hype...and missed sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for Twighlight! I am going tomorrow with Aaron so tell Greg guys do go... or we just love to bring our husbands to everything... umm? He he

    But I have to agree with you so you are not hated. I like how happy the 4 books ended but I was a fan of Jacob also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. again- another hilarious and spot on post! I agree with you mostly about Bella too, except for I really LOVE Edward. I like Jacob too, I'm torn between who I like for her. Mostly, I'm jealous that you are seeing it right now!!! I have to wait until Monday and it's killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm yet another person who agrees with you.. Although Bella didn't bug me as bad is she did you, I've always thought she should be with Jacob over Edward. He bugs me for some reason. Probably all the things you listed. I hope you have fun tonight! Let me know if it's worth seeing! (The first book was kind of slow so I'm curious how the movie will be!)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!