Friday, December 28, 2012

all i wanted for christmas.





1 sleepless night with Will & Nora who both had gassy tummies on Christmas Eve.
3 hours it took us on Christmas morning to feed, burp, change, bathe, dress, swaddle, soothe, pack, pump, dress, pack the car and get out the door.
9 presents Santa left for the kids under the tree
0 presents for Mom and Dad
2 houses to visit on Christmas day
3 exhausted Christmas kids
1 rockstar energy drink consumed by the husband
4 Diet Cokes consumed by the wife
1 Mother who passed out on her parents bed Christmas afternoon and could have slept FOREVER.
6 cousins Evie loved playing with all day.
4 Grandparents who spoiled and loved and made the day great.
3 perfect children all under one roof
10 million times I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

This year for Christmas I didn't get a thing and yet, I got it all. I am married to my love, a guy who is patient and kind and devoted--who wakes up with me night after night to feed a baby while I feed the other. We live in a darling little house on a tree-lined street and my husband wakes up each morning and drives himself downtown to a great job that allows me to stay home and be a full time Mother. We are happy and healthy and safe and EXHAUSTED. Taking care of 3 little children under 2 is the hardest thing I have ever done. It is challenging and tiring and, at times, it feels completely impossible. And yet, I know it's for me.

This year for Christmas I had 3 perfect little children all under one roof. My little children; Evie and Nora and Will. I am so overwhelmed by how much I love them. I am equally overwhelmed by the number of diapers they all burn through in the course of a day.

I am so grateful for Christmas and for the opportunity I have to celebrate the birth and life of my Savior. I am grateful for the knowledge that He lives, He's aware of me, He loves me, He listens when I pray to Him and He gives me the strength I need to do hard things. Sometimes to even to do really hard things well.

That's what I'm aiming for. I'm trying to do this really hard thing well. And I am so grateful for the chance to try. For this little family that's all mine.

They are IT. They are the present. I have everything I've ever wanted.



**Nora came home the the Saturday before Christmas Eve! I wish I could personally hug and thank each and every one of you who prayed for her and thought of her and sent us your faith and love. I know it made all the difference. Thank you, thank you, we are so grateful to everyone who got us through.

4 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas for you. I'm so happy you were all together and healthy. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Merry Christmas! 4 Diet Cokes and all! Hahahahahaha! Such a cute little happy family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Christmas gift for your family. I love those babies of yours, and that cute cute cute family picture at the end. XO to you, G, Evie, Nora, and Will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOU JESS!!!!!!! xoxoxo
    You have absolutely no idea what an example you and Greg are to me, in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!