Tuesday, October 20, 2009

gettysburg.




our first stop was to gettysburg, pennsylvania. we did a lot of driving on this trip, but it was all worth it. i was excited to go here mostly because i knew how excited g would be and let me tell you, he was like a kid in a candy shop the entire day. it was freezing, but the views and the gorgeous sites made it all worth it. i think g would say this was one of his favorite days of the trip. and it got even better, because after gettysburg, we drove to intercourse, pennsylvania to make friends with the amish, which is another post for another time.
honestly, dc was one of my favorite trips i've ever been on. loved being on the east coast, loved the changing leaves everywhere, loved all the 7-11 hot chocolate i drank and loved having so much alone time with my husband. and speaking of that husband, i didn't even know that he knew how to use our camera until this trip. he usually has zero interest in photographing anything and rolls his eyes when i ask him to pose for me, but what do you know, get him to a place that he is excited about and suddenly i have 8 million pictures of me looking at a tree.
enjoy.
ps. sorry about the no caps phase i am in. i am writing so many papers for school right now that when it's time to blog, i rebel & ignore punctuation & grammar. i'm hard core like that.

9 comments:

  1. That looked amazing! T would be a like a kid in a candy store there too. He's a total history buff.
    More posts please!!! :)

    p.s. you look gorgeous in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are hard core! Looks like you had so much fun - it's my DREAM to go back East in the fall! Glad you're home, I miss you like crazy. Miss you like crazy. Name that song. I think it's called "Miss You Like Crazy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. jess you are so pretty and stylish. i love looking at those pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast. Come visit me whenever you want! I would love your company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you hada wonderful time! i Love love love all of your cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's got to be rough to be so unbelievably gorgeous with perfect hair. I'm glad Greg took time to document your beauty.

    Besides that, Gettysburg looks amazing. Bri would totally love that, too. Your whole DC trip sounds so fab. Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had so much fun on your trip! These are great pictures and the leaves on all the trees are gorgeous! The pictures are amazing! Please post more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think of you Jess, I think "TOTAL REBEL!" hahaha!
    This is one trip Darrell would absolutely love as well! He's into history too! After checking out these pics I think we'll definately have to go! My girls will probably love it too and their to the age they'd actually appreciate it! Glad you had a good time and mostly that you got your alone time w/ the hubby! I know how precious that alone time can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so glad you guys had such a blast! We missed you guys. Kate keeps pointing at a picture of Toby and keeps sreaming! She misses you guys, and your dogs! Hopefully we'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun pictures. I am sure that this is just the first of many many trips that you two will take together. I am glad you are blogging about them because life gets crazy and I don't want you to forget the wonderful times and things that you have shared together as you travel. I love trips and am the first one to say "let's go!" Hum,where can we go next week. I have only been home from Vegas for a few hours. Love you

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!