Monday, November 9, 2009

arlington national cemetery & such.


so at this point, all this posting is getting pretty embarrassing. i realize this is an insane amount of pictures & i apologize if your bored, but a little nagging voice in my head is telling me i'll regret it if i stop posting about our trip half-way through. after all, i don't keep a journal and i don't scrapbook, so this is it as far as memory-catching goes...

and once again, i'm sorry for all the awkward pictures my sweet husband took of me. he was really excited to be in our nations capital (obviously).


wednesday (only 2 more days to go!) was spent at arlington national cemetery, the american history museum and old town alexandria. the changing of the guards at arlington was awesome & the cemetery was beautiful, but lets face it, that stop was mostly for g, since i am not a history buff myself. the american history museum was fun, but we should have gone sooner, because the museum closed before we had finished going through the exhibits. but man, can i just tell you that the lincoln exhibit in that museum is unbelievable? i cried reading about his remarkable life, which was pathetic and embarrassing. we topped off the night in old town alexandria at the most beautiful and delicious restaurant by the water. it was gloomy and rainy and romantic, to say the least...plus we got to walk on original cobblestone roads. we loved.

just one more post to go & i promise i'm done!

11 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Don't apologize for putting lots of pictures up. It is your blog to do what you please. If people don't like it, they don't have to come back and visit! :] I love pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your pics, especially of this trip! It makes me excited for what we might see when we head that direction! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post away, I love these pictures! Someday we'll go there!
    And BTW, you are sickeningly photogenic, but I love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like hearing about your trip so keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so fun! Erik would LOVE to go on a vacation like this.. Him and Greg are so the SAME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't apologize, i love seeing all the fun things you guys did in DC! I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing these pictures! It looks beautiful and makes me feel nostalgic for someplace i've never been. Is that weird? Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that trip looks amazing! i'm putting it down on my places to visit! so fun!

    PS you look gorgeous (as usual) but in all your pics especially! Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're such a hottie. love those pics. because i love that place too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm still loving the trip posts. Ooo-cobblestone streets!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!