Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the thumb.

So.
The thumb has made it's way into the mouth.

She did this in utero and then seemed to forget it was an option until recently.

I'm supposed to see this as a problem, right? The other day, a lady from my ward was holding her and noticed that she was sucking her thumb and proceeded to pull it out and say in a stern voice "Oh, no you don't!"

It kind of broke my heart. I mean, does she realize how long it took my baby to actually get that thumb inside of her mouth?! It is no easy task! I realize it's a bad habit, but when she finally succeeds after 10 minutes of trying, I am totally cheering for her.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is, I really don't care. If the thumb is still entering the mouth when she's a teenager, well then we have a problem.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. I have two thumb suckers and think i's so sweet, but you'll get all sorts of people telling you you've got to nix it. Not me. I say hooray for thumb suckers. They are great sleepers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! My name is Monica and I was a thumb sucker until age five. haha So cute. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is so sweet. I think the thumb sucking is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thumb and I were such good close friends with Brooklyn. Everyone said, "oh no!" but it was actually completely fantastic. I tried so hard to get my Brayden to do the same. Brooklyn just quit one day out of the blue with no prompting. Amazing? Yes. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!