Tuesday, November 29, 2011

london: park benches & such.



when you travel with a nursing baby you wind up making a whole bunch of discoveries you wouldn't otherwise. this was the case with us. every now and then, we'd have to hop off the bus we were on, or wander out of the store, or down the street, in order to find someplace for me to nurse evie. turns out, this is the way to travel because the neighborhoods and parks and courtyards we stumbled upon as a result were gorgeous! i loved that we were forced to sit down on a bench and take a breather every now and then-you see things you would otherwise rush by. london also turned out to be a very baby-friendly/mama-friendly/nursing-friendly city and i felt way less awkward nursing in public (without a cover) there than i do here in the US. c'mon americans!

without further adieu, here are some pictures from one of the prettiest little parks we found on our nursing tour of london. among the courtyards, park benches, cafes, coffee shops, museums and the occasional city bus i nursed her in, this spot was my very favorite!


look at those apartment balconies in the background. PEOPLE LIVE HERE, YOU GUYS!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can only dream of going there one day... Sigh. Also, evie was a BABY on that trip. It doesn't seem that long ago. Those pictures prove times goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can only dream of going there one day... Sigh. Also, evie was a BABY on that trip. It doesn't seem that long ago. Those pictures prove times goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can only dream of going there one day... Sigh. Also, evie was a BABY on that trip. It doesn't seem that long ago. Those pictures prove times goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm packing up to move...unbelievably beautiful!!
    JESS!!! You know how I told you I always wanted to live in/go to Chicago and you said I should? Well, I am going this weekend!!!! BEYOND EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your shout outs!